|

ActivBoard 100 Help needed!

I have an ActivBoard100, it has a white flame until you try and use the pen, then it goes to a red flame. In ActivManager the board doesn't appear. I've tried a different USB Cable and even bypassing the A/V box on the wall.

I reinstalled the driver and also tried plugging the cable into a different USB port on the PC and no change. I can't check the IWB's firmware to see if I can update it.

Please, could someone let me know what else I can try?

Comments

• Hi Craig582

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

Do you know the model number/product code that is on the ActivBoard? Please could you help to confirm this?

Please try to disconnect the mains cable from the ActivBoard, disconnect your USB cable and leave for 10 minutes before reconnecting.
    Can you confirm the current ActivDriver version that is installed? 

If you test another computer that is known to work with this model of ActivBoard, does this work on this ActivBoard?

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • Sorry, I can't confirm model number/product code as I cannot find this information on the board.
    As for the driver, it is 5.7.22.1
  • Hi Craig582,

Please refer to the below link which can show you how to identify the model of ActivBoard:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1088#ActivBoard

The driver version you are using is quite old and we would recommend updating this to help with the issue.
    You can download the latest driver (currently v5.16.7) from the below link:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activdriver

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • Hmm, that's the driver version I installed yesterday, but our inventory software isn't picking that version up. I'll have to visit the computer to find out what is actually installed.
  • Product code: PRM-AB2-01
    Driver version: 5.16.7
  • Hi Craig582,

Thanks for confirming this information.

This is a 2nd generation ActivBoard, which is different to the 100 series although do look similar!

Please try to power the ActivBoard off from the mains and remove the USB cable, leave this for 10 minutes, reconnect and turn on, does this then detect the ActivBoard?

Please try another known working USB cable and see if this works as well as testing another known working computer.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • I did this; the board was detected and appeared in ActivManager. However, the flame still goes red when you touch the board with the pen.
  • Hi Craig582,

This is the correct behavior of an ActivBoard 2nd Generation when it detects that the pen is in proximity to the surface of the ActivBoard.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • The problem is it's still not moving the mouse accordingly. You could touch the board with the pen in several places, but the mouse never moves. I even tried recalibrating the board but it wasn't registering the input.
  • Hi Craig582,

I would recommend upgrading the firmware on the ActivBoard to see if this helps with the issue.
    Please follow the instructions on the below article:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1391

Please ensure that you select the correct firmware for your location and size of ActivBoard.
    Once the firmware upgrade has been updated, please then try to calibrate and test.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • A colleague managed to fix the board yesterday, this is what they did:

I'm sure i didn't do anything more than you have already done but Murphy's Law was working for me this time and it seemed to work.

With the board off, I removed all USB leads from the PC to the AVA plate and from the circuit board on the back of the IWB to the AVA plate. Removed the small power plug from the power adaptor and then reconnected( I personally think this wasn't fully engaged in the socket and was the cause of the problem)  Removed the power interface to the circuit board on the back and reconnected. 

Powered up the board and waited 30 seconds, tested the board was illuminating when a pen came close to the board, with the driver open i plugged the USB leads back in. Waited 20 seconds or so and then ran the calibrate tool.

Thanks for your help Adam!

• Hi Craig582,

Thanks for the update! 
    Glad to hear that all is working again! 

Don't hesitate to get in touch on the community if you have any issues or questions in the future.

Enjoy your working ActivBoard! 

Adam