|

Touch Issue on flat panel

We have the 70" Interactive flat panels in our elementary building. They are less than a year old. I have one that I can no longer get to detect touch. The issue at first was the panel would only write at the very top, but as I worked on resolving this issue, it now no longer detects touch input at all on any source (Promethean android device nor MacBook). I upgraded the firmware from ActivMgr on the MacBook but it still was not working, so I reset to default settings on the board itself, still nothing. So I uninstalled ActivInspire/Driver from the Mac and reinstalled it. I then shut the board completely off and unplugged it. I reinstalled ActivInspire/Driver and after doing this, I can't get any computer or the Promethean android device to detect the board at all. I've tried different USB cables.
Any ideas? Wanted to seek support on here before I call our Promethean vendor to come out.

Answers

• Hi akelley,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

From what you have mentioned, it appears you may have 2 issues, 1 for no touch and the main issue of no displayed image showing.
    The ActivDriver and ActivInspire software won't impact on the display for the ActivPanel so this won't be the issue.
    Depending on your ActivPanel model, if you connect your HDMI and USB cable to the front HDMI/USB ports does this work on the ActivPanel to display your computer (This is only applicable to the ActivPanel v4.5 and 5 models)?

If you do get a displayed image from these ports but not the ones on the side, does the touch work too?

If you have a different model of ActivPanel, is the same issue occurring when connecting different HDMI cables directly to the ActivPanel (bypassing any wallboxes or connectivity panels that may be in use)?

If you wish to call us in front of your ActivPanel we can help to troubleshoot these issues for you.
    Please refer to your warranty certificate for the toll free phone numbers or alternatively visit the below link to see the phone numbers:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/contact/

I look forward to your reply.

Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • @Adam K Promethean , thanks for the response.
    From what you have mentioned, it appears you may have 2 issues, 1 for no touch and the main issue of no displayed image showing. The ActivDriver and ActivInspire software won't impact on the display for the ActivPanel so this won't be the issue.
    Well, no, the image displays completely fine on either source - it's the touch that's not working on all sources. I've tried using different cables for both the MacBook and the Promethean Android device and on different ports.
    Depending on your ActivPanel model, if you connect your HDMI and USB cable to the front HDMI/USB ports does this work on the ActivPanel to display your computer (This is only applicable to the ActivPanel v4.5 and 5 models)?
    Well, there are 3 USB ports on the very front, no HDMI.
    If you do get a displayed image from these ports but not the ones on the side, does the touch work too? If you have a different model of ActivPanel, is the same issue occurring when connecting different HDMI cables directly to the ActivPanel (bypassing any wallboxes or connectivity panels that may be in use)?
    So again, images from all sources are showing fine, the board just isn't detecting any touch input from any source. I've tried known-good cables and a known-good MacBook. Also, bear in mind that the included Android box is also not detecting touch input. (I've made sure that the touch-lock mode is not on, Lol)
  • Hi akelley,

Thanks for this information.

With regard to this fault, I would recommend reaching out to Promethean Technical Support directly and having your ActivPanel serial number to hand so they can help assist.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support