|

how do i reset active connect password?

A student or teacher has put a pin on the owner account of the activconnect g series box and now its locked and unusable.  I see a reset pin hole near the hdmi port, but it doesn't seem to work.  We are on version 1.0.21.

Thanks

Answers

• Hi aldrichf,

Thank you for posting to our Support Community.

You can try 1234 or 0000 for the pin code on the device as this may allow you access to the ActivConnect.

Also, if you swipe down from top and click on the user icon, are you able to select a different user or even add a new user? If this is not possible, you will need to reset your device as a last resort. 

I will send you an email directly with instructions on how to reset the ActivConnect G-series in the event you are unable to log in.

Thank you,
    Maggie
    Promethean Technical Support.
  • bhoffmanbhoffman Posts: 1
    I am having the same issue how do I reset the ActiveConnect G?
  • Hello bhoffman, 

I have created case 892353 to provide you with the instructions on how to reset the PIN on the ActivConnect G series. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the process. 

Kind Regards, 
    Nelly 
    Technical Support

• scbaumanscbauman Posts: 1
    I have one that needs a reset as well.  I cannot touch the user icon to change users.  Please send me the directions.  Thank You
  • Hi Scbauman, 

I have created case 895825 to provide you with the instructions on how to reset the PIN on the ActivConnect G series. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the process. 

Kind Regards, 
    Martha 
    Technical Support
  • mlopesmlopes Posts: 1
    Hello,

Someone has also added a pin to my board.  Can I have the directions on how to fix this please?
  • Hi Mlopes,

I have created case 00912449 to provide you with the instructions on how to reset the PIN on the ActivConnect G series. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding the process. 

Thank you,
    Pam
  • Edd504Edd504 Posts: 1
    I am having the same problem with our smart board.A teacher put in a pin and doesn't remember it. Could you please assist.
  • Hi Edd504,

Please use this link to put in a request https://support.prometheanworld.com/contact/.  Make sure you give us the school name, zip code and make sure you provide the serial number of the ActivConnect-G.

Thank you,
    Pam