|

ActivPanel Interactive 75" 4K - casting wirelessly from PC and writing simultaneously

Hi, have tested activcast from iphone and android telehones to show content on the activpanel and it works. I was wondering if similar can be done from windows or linux PC. I did see that some posts mentioned activcast chrome extension. Can that be used to cast any content from pc to the activpanel ? Or is it a better option to make use of a chromecast gadget (https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_2015) ?

Another question is the ability to write on the activpanel simultaneously. Is it dependent on the operating system/software used or is it a limitation from the activpanel hardware ?

Best Answers

Answers

• angylpangylp Posts: 13
    Just tried using activCast Sender chrome extension and connected to the same wifi as the screen. I started activcast from the interactive screen and from started the extension in my pc. got the error 
    "Unable to share, please verify the Connection ID is correct."
  • Hi angylp,

Thank you for posting to the Support Community.

From a Windows computer you can utilize the ActivCast Sender for Windows download or the ActivCast Chrome extension. Either one will allow you to cast any content from the PC to the ActivPanel.

On a Linux PC, you would need to use the ActivCast Chrome extension. 

When you are mirroring a screen, if you click on the pink circle (ActivConnect Tools) and click on the camera and the pen, it will take a screen shot of the mirrored display and allow you to annotate, or draw/write, over it. Currently, you are not able to annotate over a live mirrored image. 

When connecting the computer to the ActivConnect-G via ActivCast, make sure you are typing in the connection ID correctly.

Thank you,
    Maggie 
    Promethean Technical Support 

Hi, i tested again where I start activecast that is running on the activeconnect-G while both the activeconnect-G and the target unit (be it iphone6, android phone or my windows 7 PC) is running on the same network. I am unable to get them to work at all. The same error appears irregardless of phone/windows PC and whether i use the activecast app or the chrome extension. Please advise.

great support and many thanks for that! yeah it works!
  • Hi angylp,

Many thanks for letting us know this worked.

Don't hesitate to get in touch if you ever have any questions or issues.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Oh, the other question i had in this thread was "Another question is the ability to write on the activpanel simultaneously. Is it dependent on the operating system/software used or is it a limitation from the activpanel hardware ?" Any comments on that ?
  • Hi angylp,

The ActivPanel is a multi-touch device. Certain applications and operating systems may handle certain things differently, however, should you use ActivInspire with the ActivPanel or ClassFlow, you will get multi-touch to allow you to write/draw simultaneously.

Kind regards,
    Adam

I shall check out what activinspire is (if it comes preinstalled with the activeconnect mini Android PC) and the classflow cloud software. 
  • Hi angylp,

ActivInspire doesn't come pre-installed on the ActivConnect G-series but can be downloaded on a Windows/Mac or Linux computer connected to the ActivPanel.
    For more information, see the below link:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/product/activinspire

As ClassFlow is cloud based and accessible through a web browser, there is an icon already pre-installed on the Wheel of the ActivConnect G-series for you to log in and start creating/presenting content.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Hi, I will try the activeinspire program on Windows after installing it soon. Does not seem to have an operating system that works on the activconnect G-series right ?

I did however try the classflow whiteboard and I was unable to get two pens (two persons) to write on the board at the same time. 
  • Hi angylp,

The ActivConnect G-series uses an Android operating system, very similar to a smart phone or Android tablet.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Hi there. I have tried ActiveInspire on Windows 7 (was unsure how to install the linux version) and I was unable to have two pens (=persons) to write on the board at the same time. Is it a hardware/screen limitation then ?
  • Hi angylp,

Please have a look at the link below which explains how to change the settings to enable multi-touch:

https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1013

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you

Miguel

Hi, just checked that and the settings match what is shown on that web page. Same experience as before, ie only one pen at a time can write.