|

Does ActiveInspire run on Chromebooks?

we are trying to convert to Chromebooks for our teachers and was wondering if activeInspire will work on them? and if you have a replacement for the Active Slates?

Answers

• Hello Marapp!

ActivInspire is not available for the Chrome OS, however, you are able to run Classflow on those systems.

As for ActivSlates replacements, we do offer services like ActivCast that will allow teachers and students to wirelessly mirror their content, ideas and apps on their device to the entire class.

Kind Regards,

Martha

• marappmarapp Posts: 2
    ok, if you have created all your flip charts on AcitveIspire you will be able to transfer them to ClassFlow? And does Classfow have the same capabilities as ActiveInspire. do you have to have activedriver loaded to run ClassFlow?
  • Vicky CarlsonVicky Carlson Posts: 4
    edited on February 1 2018
    Will Classflow on a Chromebook allow for use of activpens?
  • @Vicky Carlson
    The ClassFlow application on its own would not allow any computer to respond to input from our hardware.

The Chrome operating system would recognize touch input from our ActivBoard Touch, ActivPanel, and ActivWall hardware; the ActivManager Extension for Google Chrome would further allow for calibration of that hardware.
  • Thanks for info. So are the first and second generation Promethean boards obsolete? Despite updates to Activinspire, drivers and new Activpens, we are not able to get them to work with our Macs.
  • Hi Vicky Carlson,

The manufacturing of the 1st and 2nd Generation ActivBoards stopped in 2009. Whilst these are older models of ActivBoards, these are still known to work with the latest Promethean software and operating systems. This would, of course, depend on the operating system and ensuring that this is a supported operating system for the ActivDriver which allows for connection and interaction. 

If you are experiencing issues this could be relating to a few possibilities. 

I would recommend contacting Promethean Technical Support directly and providing the serial number, ActivDriver versionfirmware version (if applicable) and Mac OS version. 

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • Just to clarify...
    All my students have Chromebooks, I have a windows machine. I will be able to use Classflow with them as they manipulate answers on their Chromebooks? I just want to be clear about what I present to my principal.

Thank you!
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,955 admin
    Hi kimknudson,

That's correct, you'll be able to create and deliver content within ClassFlow to any device that has a web browser. Students can connect to your lesson and be presented with the content on their devices as well as answer questions/polls and perform assessments and assignments.

I hope this information helps.

Adam
    Promethean Technical Support