|

ActivPanel Display Suddenly Not Working

Display via HDMI and VGA was working fine just yesterday. Today, upon connecting either ports and making sure the source was selected correctly, the board displays "No Signal". 

This is a sudden issue that just came up with no explanation. Device is on a mac. When cables are plugged in the Mac detects the 65' monitor however does not mirror to the board at all. I've tried restarting the board, replugging the board, restarting the computer, and testing out new cables to no avail. As far as I know the board was working fine just yesterday and no changes or modifications were made to the board, the cables, or the computer. 

Answers

• Update: I have since then tested the laptop with other ActivPanel boards around the school and they all work fine. It seems to be a board problem that just happened out of no where. As mentioned in the original post, it was working fine the day before the issue and no modifications have been made to anything in relation to the board, the mac, the cables, and etc.
  • Hi DaoWeng20,
    Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to the issue you have mentioned, have you tested another known working computer (with known working cabling) on the ActivPanel?
    To avoid any issues with the adapters, have you tried a direct HDMI or VGA cable to the ActivPanel bypassing wallboxes or adapters that may be in use?

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • Hi DaoWeng20,
    Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to the issue you have mentioned, have you tested another known working computer (with known working cabling) on the ActivPanel?
    To avoid any issues with the adapters, have you tried a direct HDMI or VGA cable to the ActivPanel bypassing wallboxes or adapters that may be in use?

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Yes, I have tried all of that and it does not work.
  • Hi DaoWeng20,

Thanks for posting.

I would recommend contacting Promethean Technical Support directly and providing this information along with the ActivPanel serial number for further advise. 

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • DaoWeng20DaoWeng20 Posts: 4
    edited on February 8 2018
    Hi DaoWeng20,

Thanks for posting.

I would recommend contacting Promethean Technical Support directly and providing this information along with the ActivPanel serial number for further advise. 

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Thank you, I was going to contact our contact we had with Promethean but when I came in today it seems like the board started working again. It seemed like two days ago anything I tried wouldn't work but today after a teacher tried re-plugging the VGA cable on the board (Which I had already done twice), the display was working again. Weird.
  • We're glad to hear that's working @DaoWeng20. If that issue re-appears, please reach back out to us; we'll attempt to troubleshoot the issue further from that point.