|

promethean prm-ab2-01

I have a Promethean interactive whiteboard with a product code of PRM-AB2P-01. I have the pens and the usb cable (same as a printer one) but I cannot get it to switch on. Do I need a power supply to connect into the proprietary serial slot on the board?

And if what is the product part code?

Is this is ?

https://www.btowstore.com/epages/Store2_Shop1656.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Store2.Shop1656/Products/Bel0087

Answers

• Hi baks,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

Your ActivBoard does also need to be powered, this is usually in the form of the cable that you have mentioned on the link along with a power supply.
    These components are now end of life as such availability may be harder to source.
    This website appears to have alternative solutions for these components that we can't recommend as these will not have been tested prior.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• baksbaks Posts: 4
    Hi Adam,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I will try the power cable in the link as this is the only one I can realistically source.

Would you have a part code for the cable?
  • Hi baks,

The part codes which we would have previously used could potentially be different to part codes that may have been for sale.

For your reference, the DC power Cable code was: CB-5302027S42
    The Power Supply would be ACTIV-UNIV-PSU

I hope this information helps you to source replacement parts.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Hi,

I have tried the third party power cable and the usb cable and I still cannot get any other the 4 boards to connect to the laptop.

When I connect the power cable the light ont he top-left of the whiteboard comes on which tells m it is now switched on but when i connect the usb cable to connect the board(s) to any of my two laptops nothing happens, the Windows machines do not notice that anything has been connected at all.

The USB cable is the same cable we use for the printer and it works well with that which is a A to B cable.
  • Hi baks,

Thanks for posting.

Do you have the ActivDriver installed on both of your laptops?

Is the USB cable a direct cable to the electronics? If not, please go direct and see if this helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    The ActivDriver is installed on both laptops btu I suppose even if it wasn't the laptop would recognise that something has been connected but none of them even do that.

The wire is a direct connection from the boards to the laptop(s).
  • Hi baks,

Thanks for replying.

What operating system is installed on your laptops?
    Do you have any older computers/laptops that have previously worked with the ActivBoard that can be tested? 

Kind regards,
    Adam