|

My promethean panel is showing locked....how do I unlock it?

Answers

• TerriMTerriM Posts: 2
    Sorry I'm new to this...the screen is showing as locked so how do I unlock it?
  • Hi Terri,

In the upper right corner of the screen swipe down, you will see a blue circle, click on that and add a new user.  You can then go to settings and delete the user that has the pin code.  If that doesn't work you will need to reset the device. To do this you will need to do the following. 

1. With the unit powered off connect the USB keyboard and an HDMI cable to a monitor or ActivPanel.

2. Using a paperclip (or similar) press the recessed Reset switch which is between the HDMI and Ethernet ports on the unit.

3. Whilst keeping the reset button pressed, plug in the power. Keep the reset button pressed for 10 seconds then release.

4. The device should now boot into a system menu. Using the keyboard's Up and Down arrow keys and the Return/Enter key, select 'Wipe data/factory reset'.

5. Select Yes on the next screen.

6. The device will return to the initial system menu - select 'Reboot system now'.

7. The device will now reboot and should be reset to original factory settings.

Please let us know your results.

Pam