|

Setting and saving the world colour in ActivInspire

Hi all,
I've had a problem where a teacher's settings in ActivInspire such as toolbar placement and buttons and world colour didn't save. After removing the profiles as detailed in KB 1583 all issues but the world colour were resolved.
To clarify, he is changing the colour from the default blue to white and this works for all pages in his flipchart, but when he reopens ActivInspire it does not store this setting.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Many thanks

Answers

• Hi gs_mike,

When the teacher wants to change the world color, does the teacher change it under settings?  If not have the teacher go into setting, flipchart and change the world color there.  You must close ActivInspire to save that setting.  If the teacher did change it there, go back into that setting to see if it is still the color that was picked.  Make sure the teacher has rights in the directory that my profiles are saved to.

Please let us know your results.

Thank you,
    Pam
  • sg_mikesg_mike Posts: 6
    Hi gs_mike,

When the teacher wants to change the world color, does the teacher change it under settings?  If not have the teacher go into setting, flipchart and change the world color there.  You must close ActivInspire to save that setting.  If the teacher did change it there, go back into that setting to see if it is still the color that was picked.  Make sure the teacher has rights in the directory that my profiles are saved to.

Please let us know your results.

Thank you,
    Pam
    Thank you for your suggestion Pam but unfortunately this is how he's doing it, he does have rights to the profile directory too.
  • Hi sg_mike,

Thank you for that information.

Is the teacher saving this setting for all of the profiles or just one? When he goes back into ActivInspire after closing it, in the settings, is it showing as blue or is it showing how he saved it, white?

Have the teacher change the setting and then choose to save the profile before hitting done. Does this make a difference when relaunching ActivInspire?

Kind Regards,
    Maggie
    Promethean Technical Support
  • sg_mikesg_mike Posts: 6
    Hi sg_mike,

Thank you for that information.

Is the teacher saving this setting for all of the profiles or just one? When he goes back into ActivInspire after closing it, in the settings, is it showing as blue or is it showing how he saved it, white?

Have the teacher change the setting and then choose to save the profile before hitting done. Does this make a difference when relaunching ActivInspire?

Kind Regards,
    Maggie
    Promethean Technical Support
    Thank you also for your response Maggie, unfortunately this did not work either. I tried saving the profile changes and saving as then replacing the profile, however it still didn't work.

We're soon to roll out Windows 10 and the few users using it so far have not reported this issue so I think we'll wait and see what happens then.