|

flipchart saves as pdf

All of a sudden, my flipchart files are pdf ones. When I save a flipchart, and choose "save as" my only (and preferred option) is flipchart. Then when I look at my file directory, I have a pdf file instead! Help! It's hard to distinguish the class notes in pdf form (to be posted online) with the flipchart file I need to update as we move through the lesson!

Best Answer

• teresacubedteresacubed Posts: 3
    Accepted Answer
    Martha, thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the late response but it was a hectic weekend. And my problem has been fixed!

Apparently, something told my computer to recognize any flipchart file as a pdf. Although I could still open the flipchart files in Activinspire, it had the pdf icon.

Today, I right-clicked on a file, told the computer to open with Activinspire and it said do you always want to use this software for these files? I said yes and everything went back to normal.

I try to be careful about computer notices that say "check this box if you always want to use this software" so I usually don't. I don't know how they got changed, I just hope they don't change again!

Answers

• Hello teresacubed,

This is a strange issue that you are experiencing!

If you save the file in a different location, for instance on your desktop, does the file still change to a PDF?

What version of ActivInspire are you using? The following article can assist you in finding that information: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1070

Also does this issue only happen with one flipchart or many?

Finally, what operating system are you using? Is it a Windows or Mac?

Kind Regards,
    Martha
    Promethean Technical Support

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,146 admin
    Hi teresacubed,

Thank you for your reply.

Glad to know that this was just a file association error.

Glad this is all working now.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support