|

A teacher has some flipcharts that contain a large red x over the images

She did not put them there, they just started to appear on some of her flipcharts. If I go in to Design mode it is an image of an red X and can be removed. If I duplicate a page that doesn't contain an X all the pages will magically get a red x.
We are currently running Windows 10 and she either has 2.6 ActivInspire or 2.10
Also she is having some blank pages.

Answers

• She was able to restore the files from a previous versions.  But would still like to know why this would happen.  Thanks
  • Hi Sherri,

Does the teacher save the flipcharts to here computer or USB drive? 

Please follow the steps in our support article that may help with this issue https://support.prometheanworld.com/help-library/?q=1562.

Thank you,
    Pam
  • britchbritch Posts: 1
    A teacher just reported this same problem to me. It may have happened on more than one flipchart. She is using Windows 10 and said that she did run updates last week. I have looked at the referenced support article and will visit the teacher this afternoon to look at it on her laptop. But I also would like to know what could have caused this. 
  • To decrease the likelihood of this occurring with any flipcharts created in the future, we would suggest the following:

-  Reducing the number of objects saved to a flipchart page or the number of pages in the flipchart.

-  If you are accessing the file from a network or removable storage device, copy the file from that location to the computer’s desktop and open that copy instead of opening the file directly from that external location.

-  Limiting the number of media files embedded in the flipchart 

• mbraytonmbrayton Posts: 1
    edited on June 5 2018
    Hello, I am the IT guy here. One of our teachers has the same issue. She has the latest version of your software. She stated " I am having trouble with Active Inspire. Sometimes when I open my flip charts, they have big red x`s over them instead of my pictures." When I emailed her this link for troubleshooting, she emailed back and stated "I scanned this but it doesn't really help. Last week I was able to re open them and it was fixed. That didn't work today. It has to do with the new computer. Maybe Windows 10? Reducing the objects on the page isn't an option for this. not sure what to do. I have attached a screenshot. I have removed all the kids names for security reasons.
  • @mbrayton

If the teacher still has access to the objects which are now represented by the Red X, have they attempted to remove and re-insert those objects or empty their %TEMP% folder?

Does this flipchart open with the red Xs on other computers or when other user or Admin accounts access this computer to operate the software?

• Her flipchart was three pages, and did not have a lot of graphics on a page.  She also stores files to a network drive, we are not allowed to store to local computer.  Like I said before we could recover the files from a previous backup. Would like to know why it is happening now and I have seen it on another computer.  She has version 2.6.
  • I am running v2.10 and saved her file to my desktop.  It looks the same on my computer.
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,146 admin
    Hi Sherri Lytle,

Thank you for your reply.
    Are you able to attach the flipchart file so we can take a look?

From what you have mentioned it appears that the flipchart is becoming corrupt, the most likely cause of this is when saving to the network rather than locally to the machine.
    It could be that at the time that this was saved to the network that there may have been a lot of bandwidth being used on the network and parts of the file have not saved correctly such as the pictures which is why you are now seeing the red X as the flipchart file knows that there should be a photo here but it no longer has access to this.

If you are able to do so for testing purposes, try creating flipcharts and saving the file locally and see if this has the same issue.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support