|

Where did touch and pen go?

We upgraded from 2.8.66693 to 2.11.66910 using Activdriver 5.17.13 on Mac's running Sierra.  The upgrade caused the touch and pen icons to disappear from the toolbox.  Also, multiple touch was reduced to a single touch.  What happened to the icons and can they be restored in 2.11.66910?

Answers

• Hello jameschamberlain,

The update may have pushed them off the main toolbox. You can add those icons back by going to Edit> Design Mode Settings and from there click the Command tab. Once there you will be able to move those icons back onto the main toolbox bar.

The following article will also assist you on how to make sure that multi touch is active for you: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1013

Kind regards,
    Martha
    Promethean Technical Support

• Under all commands, the pen option is grayed out, there is no touch option
  • In ActivInspire's Preferences (ActivInspire > Preferences, or COMMAND + ,) look under the heading called 'Dual Mode Activboards'.

What are each of the drop-downs there set to and are you able to adjust them while the Mac is connected to the hardware in the classroom?

To which model of ActivBoard, ActivPanel, or ActivWall is this Mac connected to while using the software?  
  • What is showing under Touch input handling is "Touch or Stylus".  It's grayed out, I have no option to change it.  In version 2.8.66693, I had a drop down menu available with about 4 options including "Touch or Stylus", "Touch or Activpen", and a couple others.  Since upgrading to 2.11 today, it is grayed out - I do not have the ability to select anything..
  • To which model of ActivBoard, ActivPanel, or ActivWall is this Mac connected to while using the software?

If you are connecting to our hardware, was our ActivDriver updated in addition to the ActivInspire software?  That driver can be downloaded from the ActivDriver page on Promethean Support for installation on computers connecting to our hardware.
  • I'm using Activdriver 5.17.13 and it's connected to an Epson Brightlink projector in two cases, in one case (mine) it's not connected to anything.  All three exhibited the same issue when moving to 2.11.
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,325 admin
    Hi jameschamberlain,

Thank you for your reply.

With regard to the issue, we have amended ActivInspire in the later versions (since v2.8) for additional features with the Promethean hardware range. 
    As you are not using Promethean Hardware these options will not be able to be changed without connecting Promethean hardware to the computer.

We would recommend downgrading your ActivInspire version to ActivInspire 2.8 in order to get these features back.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Adam,
    That's very disappointing to hear.  One would think that to improve long term viability of your product, you would want to be able to offer maximum connectivity to as many devices as possible - even a competitor.  Decisions such as this on the part of Promethean will perhaps affect our decisions regarding your product going forward.
    Jim 
  • Hello Jim,

We value your feedback on this matter. We will be reaching out to you over email to investigate this issue further.

Kind regards,
    Martha