|

ActivInspire - Cannot Modify Toolbar

mere97mere97 Posts: 3
edited on April 11 2018 in Software Solutions
Afternoon,
I am running ActivInspire 2.11.66910 on Mac OS High Sierra (10.13.1).  I am unable to modify the toolbar.  The instructions include items that are not availalbe to me.  Please see included picture (I apologize its in here twice).  I want to add the Revealer to my toolbar, but I don't see how to modify.  Thank you in advance for assisting.

Answers

• Look in the "ActivInspire" menu, and choose "About ActivInspire..."; what is written in bold type across the window that opens?

If part of that reads "Personal Edition", you will need to enter an Activation Key into the software to unlock its Professional Edition features, which would include the ability to customize the Toolbar and the Revealer tool.

If you do not have an Activation Key (20 digits in length, starting with 0015 or 0016), Article 1266 from our Support Page will advise you on how to generate one.
  • mere97mere97 Posts: 3
    Sorry, I am running Professional version, so that doesn't help.  Here is picture.  (I didn't want to put my activation key in the picture but its entered in there.)
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,967 admin
    Hi mere97,

Thanks for your screenshot.

I suspect something has become corrupt with your ActivInspire version with the licensing as the features shown on your above screenshot (with the less features) indicate the personal edition is in use.

To help fix this issue, we will need to remove your Promethean ActivInspire activation (license) key from your Mac. First close your ActivInspire software down.

If you don't have your activation key to hand, you can find this on your Mac by the below steps:
    The file is located in Macintosh HD/Users/Shared/Promethean/ActivInspire which is a hidden folder. 
    To view hidden files, open Applications/Utilities/Terminal and type:
    defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
    killall Finder

If you wish to reverse this, type defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles NO 

Your ActivInspire license will start with 0015/0016, please take note of this and delete the file.

Re-launch ActivInspire, and click on ActivInspire>About ActivInspire>Register if the pop up prompt doesn't ask you for your activation key. 
    Enter your activation key and then accept the terms and this will upgrade your software.

Please let us know if you are now able to customise your toolbar.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• mere97mere97 Posts: 3
    Unfortunately, this didn't work.  I reopen the program after deleting the files and re-enter the serial # and under Settings - I still have the same window as I did in my first message.  Any other ideas?
  • Maggie PrometheanMaggie Promethean Posts: 43 mod
    edited on April 12 2018
    Hi mere97,

At this point, we do want to do a complete uninstall and reinstall of ActivInspire. This article from our support site will provide instructions on preforming the manual uninstall. https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1646

We look forward to your response.

Kind Regards,
    Maggie 
    Promethean Technical Support