|

Wifi Issues

Our ActivPanel was installed yesterday, and we are having an abysmal time getting things to download. We cannot access News2You (an online newspaper we use daily), nor download flipcharts. We have a laptop on wifi right next to the panel and can use N2Y with no issues on it, so I know we have a signal there. I don't understand why the panel won't connect with better strength. We ran a speed test, and the download rate was less that .01 Mbps. We don't have an IT department, so I'm trying to troubleshoot it on my own.

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,986 admin
    edited on April 27 2018
    Hi PALS,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

So we can get a better understanding of your issue, can you clarify, are you trying to view News2You from the Opera browser on the ActivConnect (the android module) with the ActivPanel?
    Or are you connecting your laptop and viewing this by HDMI and USB on the ActivPanel?

Where are your flipcharts stored that you are trying to download?

From what you have described, it sounds like you have some networking issues since the download rate is so low. This may be worth contacting your internet provider as it is unlikely to be caused by other devices such as the ActivPanel/ActivConnect G-series.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • sghsgh Posts: 4
    Hi,

We have the same problem.
    We have a 100 mb/s internet connection. While wifi speed on my laptop and on my phone is super fast, the speed on the ActivConnect G-series is extremely slow. All devices are connected to the same access point.

We bought 7 ActivPanels for our classrooms, and we rely entirely on wifi for internet connection. 

Could you please help

Kind regards.
    Saad
  • Are the ActivConnect G devices connecting to the same network as the other computers and devices are? 

Is this network operating  on a 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency?  Our recommendation for the ActivConnect G would be for a 5 GHz network.
  • sghsgh Posts: 4
    Hi,

All devices are connected to the same network.
    The network is operating on a 2.4GHz frequency. 
  • Hi Sgh,

Is the ActivConnect-G device slow when using a specific app?  If it is go into settings/Apps/installed apps and clear the data on that app.  Reboot the device.

Thank you,

Pam