|

ActivTable Activity Builder doesn't save to My Activities

I have worked on the same activity three times today because the ActivTable Activity Builder does not save the file under "My Activities." Since the file isn't there I cannot modify it and must start all over. Am I missing something or is there a glitch somewhere? Also, is there not a download to work on activities without internet?

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,967 admin
    Hi Channel,

Thank you for posting on the Support Community.

Please can you help to confirm how you were working on the activity? Was this from the Activity builder located at www.activtable.com or directly on the ActivTable?
    Please can you confirm your ActivTable version number? This can be located within the Settings on the ActivTable.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • ChannelChannel Posts: 4
    This is on the Activities Builder on activtable.com. I can save and download to my computer or USB, but it never shows under My Activities.
  • With the USB drive onto which the Activity was saved plugged into the Table, look under the "Manage Activites" option on the Table software's home menu.  Form there, you can choose "USB" in a tab across the top of the window that opens.  Does the activity saved to the USB drive appear when that window is selected?
    I can see the activity when I plug my USB into the table. However, I still cannot edit it on the activity on the ActivTable Activity Builder site. I forgot to add a card, it isn't showing under My Activities. When I began to rebuild the activity, even the photos I uploaded to create the activity didn't show when I browsed for images under My Images. So, how do I make adjustments to activities (on my PC using the website) without having to recreate the entire lesson?
  • If the Web browser was closed after creating the activity initially, then any data used in creating that activity would be lost.

Also, there is no way to load an activity to the Builder to preform any edits to it.

The activity will need to be re-created to add the missing card.
    I do not close the browser, just save to the site and USB. I cannot edit on the site, even if I press the back button. Is there any way to create a log in so that our activities can be saved on the site?
    Hi Channel,

Thank you for your reply.

We will raise this with our software development team to review and hopefully implement in the future.
    For the moment, you will need to re-create your Activities should you wish to edit them.

Apologies for the inconvenience. 

Kind regards
    Adam
    Hi Channel,

Following up to my previous email, we do have some work arounds which may help you:

1. If you are creating a NEW activity, copy the URL from the address bar, and keep a copy of it somewhere in a word doc or similar. You will then be able to put that URL into the web browser anytime in the future and you can edit and re-download the activity.

2. If you have already downloaded an activity, you will need to find the file and change the extension from .asa to a .zip.
    - open the .zip file and open the "activity.xml" - copy the BOLD section of e.g: 0e446986-8e7b-498c-9d88-a5ffbf73612d
    - Head to the ActivTable activity builder, edit ANY activity, and then replace the number at the end of the URL with the one copied above.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam