|

Radix Viso Activpanel MDM is a trial?

My account was disabled today saying my trial is over.

Is this a mistake? I believe there was no information from Promethean or Radix this this was a trial, it was a feature of the activpanel.

I am just looking for some info to clear this up.

Thanks. 

"Centrally manage and streamline software updates with compatible 3rd-party device management software, including Google™ G Suite, VMware AirWatch®, and Radix™ Viso."

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,325 admin
    Hi coasttech,

Thank you for your post on the Support Community.

This is a third party application that is managed by Radix. 

Further information can be found on the link below which does refer to this being a trial:
    http://www.radix-int.com/device-management-for-promethean.html

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• coasttechcoasttech Posts: 30
    There is nothing about a trial. I am pretty sure this was sold as a service when I signed up.

Even going through my emails from Radix there is no mention of a trial. 
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,325 admin
    Hi coasttech,

Thank you for your reply.

The Viso app is pre-installed on the ActivConnect G-series (From 1.0.18 onwards) and has been fully certified as being an MDM for our hardware.
    It is possible that this was shown to you as a way of managing your ActivConnect G-series that are installed in the school however this is not a service that is provided by Promethean and through Radix.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• Fraserb82Fraserb82 Posts: 8
    Haha, I had this exact same problem this week. Got an email one day saying we had ran out of credits and we were limited in what we could do with the software.

We are still in a testing phase with Radix MDM so this was a less than ideal surprise. There was absolutely no indication it was to be paid for. Nothing on Promethean site, and nothing on the Radix site. 

Probably designed so that you spend your time creating your policies and getting everything up and running and then get hit with the bill and pay it because you have spent time setting it up.

I don't use this word lightly, but its a massive scam. 

Especially since neither Radix or Promethean provide any useful support in getting it all set up. We have enrolled the majority of our 70 new V5 panels but can't send any commands to the boards. 

Talking of which, what sort of environment are you in coasttech? Can we have a chat about your set up?
  • coasttechcoasttech Posts: 30
    coasttech at gmail