|

ActivConnect G-Series + 4k - Has this worked for you??

I just want to see if anyone here has tried and successfully played any 4k content. 

I have loaded 4k videos right onto the ActivConnect, tried different media players and no luck. 

Trying to stream through youtube 4k content is a buffering nightmare and we have bandwidth for days. 

Please let me know if you have been able to do this, I would love to know.. Even more so use 4k content that it says it can handle.. 

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,986 admin
    Hi coasttech,

Thanks for your post.

Just wanting to check a few details first, is your ActivPanel a 4K version? If so, what model number does it show where the serial number is located?
    Have you changed the screen resolution of the ActivConnect G-series to a 4K resolution?
    So I can test the same content from Youtube, can you let us know the video that you have tried to watch?

Many thanks
    Adam
    Promethean Support

• coasttechcoasttech Posts: 30
    It's 4k we have 5 of them connected to the ActivConnect G-Series. Yes 4k is selected in the settings of the ActivConnect. Any youtube 4k video. I normally search for 4k nature. 

I tried this one today - 
    Hi coasttech

Thank you for your reply.
    I've tested the video you have posted (and others) on our ActivConnect G-series and this does play without buffering the image.

If you watch standard HD YouTube videos, does this play without an issue?
    Can you confirm which resolution you are using? This is under Display>HDMI.

Are you also using the Opera application for the web browser or a different browser?

Thanks
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• coasttechcoasttech Posts: 30
    edited on May 25 2018
    Can you confirm you are not using the youtube app because it does not play 4k and if you are using opera that it is in desktop mode or it does not play 4k and that if you are in desktop mode you have selected it to play 4k.. Thanks

Like I have said I have put 4k content directly on the ActivConnect and streamed with no luck.

I have used brave and chrome. I will test opera... 
    Hi coasttech,

To confirm, are you saying that the issue is buffering the video, or the video not being in 4K?

I confirm that I did not use the YouTube application and used the Opera browser in both desktop and mobile views and the video played with no buffering issues.

Can you confirm which Screen resolution is being used on the ActivConnect G-series and what model of ActivPanel you are using? 
    This will be located just under the Media-USB input.

Many thanks
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support