|

ActiView compatibility with High Sierra

Are there known issues with ActiView and High Sierra? We seem to be having some issues in that the camera works for a few minutes and then freezes. I am not sure if the problem is with the software or the camera. Are there any planned updates to the ActiView software, as, even in Sierra, it seems to be a bit less than stable. 

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 
--John. 

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,146 admin
    Hi jmadden9669,

Thank you for your Support Community post.

Do you have ActivInspire installed on the computer? If so, you can launch the ActiView from ActivInspire, please let us know if this freezes or not.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • The latest activdriver is dangerous for your computer with High Sierra.

My latest ActivInspire was working on 10.12, but as I moved to 10.13, the board was no longer reactive. I used the software update and it told me there was no new update. ALTHOUGH, when I was searching the Promethean site, I found a new version of the ActivInspire software... Kinda strange.

But! The new version of ActivInspire is actually working with High Sierra. Unfortunately, when I installed the latest version of ActivDriver, I had to reboot my computer and unluckily noticed that once I passed the login page, I fell on a black screen (meaning that I could see the screen was active with lights, but it would not move further). It was sooooo bugged that I had, after numerous and different ways to open it, to use my backup to start it back.

I tried to reinstall it and it did the same.

MacBook Pro mid-2012
    High Sierra 10.13.6

ActivInspire version v2.13.67172 USA.dmg is working well (I'm from Canada)
    ActivDriver version ActivDriver_v5.17.13_09-01-54-790.dmg is BAD.
  • Hi Sebastien,

We have not had any issues reported with the ActivDriver or ActivInspire when using on High Sierra.
    This is fully supported software with High Sierra.
    This sounds more of a computer related issue, does the same happen if you uninstall ActivDriver and restart your Mac? 
    If you log on with a local admin account, does the same issue happen when you install the ActivDriver?

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • Hi there,

If I do not install the new driver, I am able to use the latest version of Activinspire. Though, I sometimes need to unplug the USB cable to start the pencil.
  • Hi Sébastien Gamache we have had no other reports of the latest ActivDriver not working with High Sierra?  Can you please let us know what Promethean hardware you have and we can look into why this may be happening for you.  Please include the firmware version that gets displayed in ActivManager.

We look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
    Paul