|

Cannot connect Activ panel to radius

We are having issues connecting our new activ Panel to our school radius Wifi network have tried all options anyone have any tricks  or setup tips to do this 

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,128 admin
    Hi wills01,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

This sounds like an issue with the network that you are using.

We would recommend following the IT Administrators guide on the link below for the ActivConnect and seeing if this helps:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/files/public/pdfs/TP-2046-EN-V01.PDF

If you still have issues we would recommend contacting your network administrator as you may need for your device to be allowed on to the network.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • wills01wills01 Posts: 4
    thanks for the reply we have done the IT administrators Guide and i am the network administrator nothing we do we can connect to our wifi checked all our setting in radius still no luck 
    Hi wills01,

To see if the network is the cause of the issue, you can connect your phone as a mobile hotspot and connect the ActivConnect to this, does this work correctly to access the internet? 

If it does, then this would be an issue with the network/radius, we'd recommend reaching out to them to assist.

Should your problems persist on a WIFI hotspot, then please let us know.

Kind regards,
    Adam

• wills01wills01 Posts: 4
    yes works on hotspot, yes we know its a radius issue but just wanted to know if there was a certain preference with connecting a android device to a radius network, there is no technical  information on the correct way to connect, we have other android devices that connect no problem just this device will not . will keep testing thanks 
    Hi wills01,

Thanks for your reply.

I've not previously come across this network and I've checked globally for cases being logged and we've not had any reports of this network being mentioned before.
    It is possible that this may require additional certificates that are different to your other android devices from the Radius network to allow the connection for the ActivConnect. 
    Please ensure that these are allowed for Android 5.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Adam