|

Is there a way to have multiple users on a flat panel and accounts be password protected?

We have a shared board in our media center. I'd like to be able to log in to the board only when I need it and not have my account accessible to others. Is there a way to do that? I've only found to add users, but that doesn't seem very secure.

Answers

• Hi elliotts,

You can set up a password in the Settings application under Security. This can be set to a pattern or pin of your choosing.
    If you weren't using the ActivPanel/ActivConnect then you can set up a guest account for others to use.

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• I was trying to add passwords today on a new panel and we did not see it under setting -> security? Do you have to have 2 user accounts set up already for that option to show up? If not - what am I looking for because there is not a choice for adding a password
  • Hi soliver,

Thanks for posting.

This can be found under Settings>Security>Screen Lock. 
    You do not need to have additional accounts set up already to get to this section.

Please ensure that your ActivConnect version is updated to the latest which is current v2.2. 
    The release notes for this update can be found below:
    https://community.prometheanworld.com/en/discussion/7002720/activconnect-g-v2-2-released-24th-august-2018#latest

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support