|

How to get my Board to not lose signal if the board is turned off and then on again?

I have the ActivPanel connected via HDMI to my computers using a HDMI to DisplayPort Dongle. However when I start my computer first before the Promethan is on or I shut the Promethan down and start it back up it says "No Signal" and the cables are still connected and the source is correct. The only way I've figured to reestablish the signal is by restarting the computer but this is annoying to do if your working and you want to turn on your board after. Is there anyway to have the boards not lose signal if they shutdown and turn back on.

Answers

• Hi Davendra,

Thanks for posting.

It sounds like there is a handshaking issue between the computer and the ActivPanel.
    This could well be an issue with the dongle that you are using.
    Do you get the same issue with a direct HDMI cable to the ActivPanel?

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• DavendraDavendra Posts: 2
    edited on September 10 2018
    I tried to change the dongle and the same problem is occurring. Is there anyway to fix the problem by still using the dongle because the computers all have DisplayPort Connections not HDMI.
  • Hi Davendra,

Do you have any DisplayPort to HDMI cables rather than using a dongle?

We need to establish if this is the computer/cables having the issue or the ActivPanel. 
    Are other ActivPanels of the same model installed in the school? If so, are they experiencing the same issue? 
    If not, can you use their cables/computer to test to see if the same issue happens?

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support