|

Closing

My active inspire program has started randomly closing after opening a flipchart.

Answers

• Hi Etisdel,

Is this only happening when you try to open one flip-chart or when you try to open the ActivInspire program directly?

If the ActivInspire program is not launching, the following article may assist you with updating the java and flash player: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1560

If it is just with a flip-chart, try entering ActivInspire first and then opening the flip-chart from there.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance

Regards
    Martha
    Promethean Technical Support

• Having the identical issue with multiple Macs running 11,12,13.  Tried opening flipchart from within activinspire and it still doesn't work.  Uninstalled and reinstalled latest activinspire....still not working.  Now I have some that won't even open activinspire and just give an error log.
  • Hi regiedunlop

Can you please confirm the error message? Does this happen on all machine or just this particular one? Can you confirm the version of ActivInspire you have installed? I know you mention that you have removed and installed again. I just want to make sure you are running version 2.14. 

Thank you,

Craig 

• etisdeletisdel Posts: 2
    This answered my question. I have reloaded the program and it is now working fine. 
  • Thank you for updating us on that, @etisdel.

Please reach back out to us if we can help you with anything else.
  • I've attached the error file that opens when trying to open activinspire.  Have upgraded to 2.14 and the issue persists.  At first it started with activinspire closing when certain flip charts are opened then it escalated to activinspire not opening at all and giving the preceding error log.  Occurring on about about 6 Mac laptops.  
  • Hello regiedunlop

Can you please contact Promethean Support directly: https://support.prometheanworld.com/contact/

I think we may need to look into the issue a little further. 

Thank you, 

Craig