|

Is there any way to stop the ActivSoundbar switching to standby?

Hi,
Is there anyway to stop the ActivSoundbar from switching to standby?
I appreciate it is a feature for saving power, but in classrooms it is a little bit annoying as a teacher can play a clip, then discuss this with the class. by the time they go to play a second clip 20 minutes later, the soundbar has gone to standby. Meaning a teacher is having to stop the clip, use the remote to switch the soundbar on again and then restart the clip.
It doesn't give the teacher great confidence in the tech when they are teaching.
Regards,
Jonathan.

Answers

• There are no settings which can be toggled on the ActivSoundBar to affect the automatic shutdown, which for our early models was 15 minutes of receiving no audio signal

However, on our newer models of the ActivSoundBar, that time was extended to two hours without receiving an audio signal before shutting down.
  • I understand that it is for saving energie but we have to work with it.
    We start up at 8.00 and work until 17.00
    11 hours without receiving an audio signal before shutdown is normal for us.(not 15 minutes or 2 hours)
    If I drive my car, I dont have to start it every 15 minutes.
    Send us please an solution to exit this nonsens.
    Send some new elektronics for it, so I can put it in the soundbar. Please.Please.Please.
  • Is it posible to make the soundbar go in standby modes after 15 minutes no signal, and start up automatisch if there is an signaal again.
  • I dont give up. We have an brand new scool with  all over the place new soundbars, so we have to work with the next 10 years. Give us an solution please.
  • Hi Batsie,

Thanks for posting.

Can you confirm the model number of the soundbar that you have?

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Support
  • BatsieBatsie Posts: 4
    I wil look for it tomorrow.
    Can we go one by email? I did not now that i have to look here agin for an answer.

[email protected]

Can you tel me how i can change my user name?
  • Hi Batsie,

Thanks for your reply.

You can click on your user profile at the top (left of your notifications). Once here, you can click on the below icon and choose edit profile.

I will email you further regarding your ActivSoundBar query.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support