|

Registration, Touch, "Board not found"

I have tried every single number that I could find stuck to what I think is an activboard touch. It is black, the speakers are on the bottom and the panel box is in the top right corner. 

I am at a new school, that inherited these prometheans from the prior school and the tech person can't help. 

1) Where can I find the actual serial number? Like I said I've tried everything. Please do not send me the link with the "How to..." as it has not been helpful. 

2) When I try to callibrate the board it says that the "Board is not found" even though everything is connected properly, I have all the software and drivers and my computer display is on the board. How can i get my computer to recognize the board?

Thank you in advance. 

Answers

• Hi Melissafsanchez,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

From your description it sounds like one of our ActivPanel’s which helps us narrow down where the serial number would be located. Depending on the model you can find the serial number located near the connection ports of the panel it may also be on the bottom frame oh the panel. This would be a small sticker with a model number and barcode, the serial number would be located under the barcode.

There are a few things we would recommend trying to ensure that you are getting connection. We do have an informative video that will take you through the process of checking your connection.

Troubleshooting Connection Issues with your ActivPanel: https://support.prometheanworld.com/video/troubleshooting-connection-issues-with-your-activpanel

We would also suggest if you are using a windows computer ensuring that there are no errors in the Windows program. The following article will assist you even further: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1039

While the photos are a bit dated, the idea behind updating the device drivers is still very much the same.

Please let us know if the issue continues!

Regards,
    Martha
    Promethean Technical Support.