|

ActivInspire loading slow and slow page transition

Hello,
I have ActivInspire v 2.14.67304 on my Dell Latitude 5580 computer. ActivInspire takes several minutes to load and then every page transition is really slow. The size of flipchart is 1.4 MB. It becomes difficult to edit any flipcharts. My computer is not experiencing any other performance issues except with Inspire. 

Thanks. 

Answers

• Mine is doing the exact same thing. Started about a week ago. Even if I click the spray bottle to clear the page, it takes a very long time. Help!
  • Mine too. This started as soon as I upgraded to v2.14. I do not have time in class for this hesitation. Need a fix now!
  • Hi All,

Thank you for letting us know!

There may have been an issue when the update was applied for instance an anti-virus software on the computer interfering or the user not being an admin on the computer.

We would first recommend clearing all temp files from your machine.

Should the issue persist after clearing the temp files, we would recommend performing a complete uninstall of the program on your device.

The following support article would be able to assist you in how to perform this:

Windows Operating System: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1644

Mac Operating System: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1646

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,
    Martha
    Promethean Technical Support. 

• Hi All,

Thank you for letting us know!

There may have been an issue when the update was applied for instance an anti-virus software on the computer interfering or the user not being an admin on the computer.

We would first recommend clearing all temp files from your machine.

Should the issue persist after clearing the temp files, we would recommend performing a complete uninstall of the program on your device.

The following support article would be able to assist you in how to perform this:

Windows Operating System: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1644

Mac Operating System: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1646

Please let us know if the issue persists.

Regards,
    Martha
    Promethean Technical Support. 

I have tried all this (took me a good hour) and it makes no difference.
    For the first time in 10 years, I wished I had smartboard. It is not usable on 2.14. Can you pass the comment to release a new version or to send us 2.13 to roll back on please?
  • The steps above did help the problem a little. However, the software is still being slow and it's very difficult for me to actually make my flipcharts. 
  • For anyone on this thread:

• Does this happen with newly-created flipcharts in version 2.14 as well as ones created in previous versions of the software?
    • Is the same kind of behavior present when using the software while not connected to an ActivBoard or other hardware (i.e. with a mouse and keyboard at a computer)?
    • If a different user or Admin account logs into the computer and uses the software, does the same behavior occur?
  • Hi Jarrad,
    The team at my school shares flipcharts. Could there be problems if I'm using flipcharts that were created on different versions of activinspire? 
    The program is slow regardless of if I'm connected to a board or other hardware. 

Thanks. 

• Hi Justin,

We have seen an issue were a was a file created by 2.13 that is causing the software to crash. To resolve it, please follow these steps:

1. Close ActivInspire
    2. Make sure the customer is able to see their hidden files
    3. Navigate to C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Promethean\ActivInspire
    4. Delete the ActivInspire file folder from the path above.
    5. Relaunch AI
    Kind regards,
    Adem Couper
    Promethean Technical Support
  • We have seen an issue were a was a file created by 2.13 that is causing the software to crash. To resolve it, please follow these steps:

I think we're experiencing the same issue with shared flipcharts, do you have any instruction for Mac OS?
  • Hi Justin,

We have seen an issue were a was a file created by 2.13 that is causing the software to crash. To resolve it, please follow these steps:

1. Close ActivInspire
    2. Make sure the customer is able to see their hidden files
    3. Navigate to C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Promethean\ActivInspire
    4. Delete the ActivInspire file folder from the path above.
    5. Relaunch AI
    Kind regards,
    Adem Couper
    Will this delete any custom views the teacher may have setup?  One of my users has completely customized how ActivInspire opens and what is displayed in the side toolbar,  I don't want to lose those settings.

I upgraded this user from 2.13 because of ActivInspire constantly crashing but now with 2.14 its gotten worse.  Everything is slow and still getting crashes. 
  • Hey,

Yeah, that's understandable. There have been some recent findings which may help or resolve this issue. ActivInspire 2.14 has telepathy and crash reporting built into it which gets sent to Promethean. This means that any Anti-virus software will be constantly looking into the ActivInspire data that is sent back and forward. This, in essence, will slow down ActivInspire considerably. One solution for this is to whitelist ActivInspire. We have seen this resolve some customers ActivInspire program who have been experiencing same or similar issues.

Please let us know if this resolves the issue. That is of course if you are happy to carry this solution out.

Kind regards,
    Adem Couper

• I have been having the same issues with ActivInspire since the latest update. Pages turn slowly, clearing annotations takes forever, and switching to the eraser even takes time to respond. I have tried all of the suggestions listed here and none of them have worked. I am becoming increasingly frustrated. Please help. 
  • Hi,

Are you using a roaming profile as part of the schools network? 
    If so, we would recommend referring to the below article and ensuring that both Key 0 and 12 are used:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1123

Please let us know if this information helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • None of this is working, I've spent 3 hours now trying to do all these steps. Is there a way we can just download the 2.13 version again?
  • Hi kabrazie,

Thanks for your reply.

With regard to this issue, you can download ActivInspire 2.13 from the below link:
    https://promethean.box.com/s/p3rilh2tu5hosm5v1l62470jbf05vkwn

Please can you let us know if this helps with your issue?

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Thank you SO MUCH!!!!... the older version works great!
  • Hi kabrazie,

Thanks for letting us know that this has helped with the issue.

We will investigate this issue with our development team.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • Hi kabrazie,

Thanks for your reply.

With regard to this issue, you can download ActivInspire 2.13 from the below link:
    https://promethean.box.com/s/p3rilh2tu5hosm5v1l62470jbf05vkwn

Please can you let us know if this helps with your issue?

Kind regards,
    Adam

Hello Adam K. Promethean,
    Can you supply me with a link to download a Mac version of the 2.13 download? I'm having the same issues as the others described and that link you posted would be helpful except I'm not using a Windows machine. Thank you!
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 2,270 admin
    Hi Adiolo83,

Thanks for posting.

The Mac download for ActivInspire 2.13 can be found on the below link:
    http://activinspire.s3.amazonaws.com/activinspire/ActivInspire v2.13.67172 USA.dmg

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam