|

The new v2.14.67304 crashes often and is extremely slow

If I uninstall v2.14.67304 on my Macbook, will it uninstall all previous versions as well? The new version is completely unusable, and I must have a usable version of ActivInspire. v14 takes 5+ minutes to load, crashes often, and is generally so slow to use when it IS open that it interferes with teacher and student use of the interactive board. TIA

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi lsnoble,

Thank you for posting on the Support Community.

With regard to this issue, please could you ensure that ActivInspire is whitelisted from your Anti-Virus program and see if this helps?
    Do the issues occur if you are disconnected from the internet? 

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • Not much effect after adding the exception to anti-virus. Issues do occur when I am not connected to the Internet. Disconnecting when I am running ActivInspire is not a good option because I use the "Open Web site" feature within the application in most of my flipcharts. Load time for ActivInspire is still above 2.5 minutes (somewhat better), but there is still a 4-6 second delay when moving from one flipchart page to the next, and functions within the application are still slow to respond. If I make changes to a flipchart, saving the changes takes more than a full minute (up to three minutes, for very large flipcharts), compared to a few seconds with the previous version. I would like to uninstall this version and revert to a previous one, but I still don't know if that will uninstall all the versions on my Mac. If it does uninstall all versions, where can I get the previous version to reinstall? I am only seeing the new version on the Promethean site. Thanks for your help, L.
  • Hi lsnoble,

Thanks for your reply and update.

Are you using a roaming profile as part of the schools network? 
    If so, we would recommend referring to the below article and ensuring that both Key 0 and 12 are used:
    https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1123

Once this is in use, please let us know if you still have any issues with the load times. 

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • I don't know if roaming profiles are used in my district, but I'll check with my IT person. If so, I'll check out the article. Thanks.
  • Hi lsnoble,

Let us know if this does help with the issue.

Thanks
    Adam
  • Tried with no success. I do not run ActivInspire from a network.

I have twice asked questions that have not been addressed. I will ask them again: If I uninstall v2.14.67304, will the Uninstaller app uninstall ALL previous versions of ActivInspire? and  If so, where can I access the previous version?

I am currently the only teacher in my district who uses ActivInspire on a daily basis, and one of only a handful who use the Promethean boards in our schools at all. Tech Support on my end has no one fully qualified to help me with the problem. This version of the software is unusable, and is negatively impacting both my teaching and my students' learning. I need the software to work NOW, and the only way to have that, as far as I can tell from this thread and the other two, is to install a previous version that WORKED. Please provide that information so that I can get on with teaching and stop having to waste time reworking my lesson plans because ActivInspire doesn't function.

Thanks.
  • Same problems here only I have a windows computer. Is that link only for Mac's? I need the older version as well.

***With so many people having problems you guys should work on another update as soon as possible. My college classes can't afford the time we keep loosing for ridiculous load times between slides.
  • The older version is working as expected, so far. Thank you.
  • Hi lsnoble,

Thanks for your reply and letting us know that this appears to be working as expected.
    I will raise this issue with our development teams to review for a fix in future versions.

Kind regards,
    Adam