|

ActivConnect-G Startup w/ No Monitor

Hello,

Is it possible to have the ActivConnect-G Startup w/ no monitor/input detected.  Sometimes when we lose power the monitor is off and then the ActivConnect-G boots but then turns off when no display is sensed.  I had this same issue w/ a raspberry pi, however through code I was able to correct this.  Any assistance would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Answers

• Hi IT_Guy,

Thanks for your reply. 

I believe that this was fixed in an old software update on the ActivConnect G.
    What version is currently in use?
    If you update the ActivConnect G, do you still get the same issue?

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

• IT_GuyIT_Guy Posts: 30
    V2.2 so updated.
  • Hi IT_Guy,

When the ActivConnect G is powered on and showing the Blue LED, this will indicate that the device is on and ready to use.
    If the ActivPanel turns off and CEC is enabled, the ActivConnect will go into standby and will need to be woken up when the monitor/ActivPanel is turned on.
    Depending on your model of ActivPanel, you could try to turn CEC off and this will mean that the ActivConnect should never go to sleep.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Okay.  We will look into this option and see if that can possibly fix the problem.  Thanks.
  • Hi IT_Guy,

No problem at all, let me know if you need any further help.

Thanks
    Adam
    Promethean Support
    Disabling CEC on the panel seemed to resolve the issue.  Thanks for the assistance.
  • Hi IT_Guy,

Great to hear that this has helped!

Thanks
    Adam
    Promethean Support