|

ActivBoard6Touch78D & Dell Optiplex 5050 with Windows 10

maca_adminmaca_admin Posts: 3
edited on November 12 2018 in Interactive Whiteboards
I'm at a small school and we replaced our Dell Optiplex 380's with 5050 MFF and now we are unable to get our Promethean Boards to calibrate and respond. (they are currently paperweights - of no value to us in its current state)

Product ID: ActivBoard6Touch78D

Have tried a variety of suggestions from Support Community but nothing works.  Can you send me the firmware update & instructions?  This is the one thing that I have not tried.

Thank you.

Comments

• Hi maca_admin

Thanks for posting!  Do you have the latest version of ActivDriver installed on your new computer?

If you can connect one of the "working" computers to the ActivBoard you should be able to update the firmware following these instructions: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1157

Please let us know if this helps.

Kind regards,
    Paul

Promethean Technical Support
  • Paul,

I checked the firmware and see the connection from the hardware tab but I am still unable to Calibrate the ActivBoard.  This is frustrating.  We have about 10 non-working boards and are getting ready to throw them out the window.

The PCs they connect to all have USB 3.0 ports.  Does Promethean have issues with USB 3.0 spec?

What else can I try?

Thanks, paul
  • Hi maca_admin

Thanks for your reply.
    What happens when you try and calibrate the ActivBoard?

Are you using a duplicated display or extended?
    Please try and calibrate in duplicate and ensure that your resolution is set to a 4:3 ratio such as 1024x768.

If you are connecting to a USB 3 input, please ensure that your USB cable does not exceed the supported length (3meters direct). 

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • Adam, I set my resolution to 1024x768 and was able to calibrate using a duplicate display.  However, when I ran ActivInspire, the calibration was off kilter (my touches did not line up with the board).  

I also tried to switch back to extended mode after calibrating under duplicate display and it did not recognize my touches on the ActivBoard.   

We are using a 3 foot cable on USB 3.

We have not been able to get this to work since the school year started (3 months).   This is unacceptable.  Is there an option to get onsite support (someone who is an expert with the Promethean Board setup, configuration, and troubleshooting?

Thanks, paul
  • Hi maca_admin,

Thanks for your reply.

When you calibrate the ActivBoard in duplicate where touch calibrates, is touch aligned when you user other applications such as Microsoft Paint? 

If you go to extended desktop and run the Windows calibration tool this will help you to calibrate in extended desktop. Please ensure that the output to the ActivBoard is the correct screen resolution when running the calibration.

If you still require additional assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
    Adam