|

How to save a customised wallpaper to the panel.

I need to save a customised wallpaper/background to the panel.  I have the file on USB and can see the contents using the file explorer app on the panel.  When i use the "change wallpaper" function, i navigate to the file, select it and then the screen goes blank.   

From explorer i can open the file and it displays it successfully.  I also tried creating a screen shot of the image to see if i can then use that as the wallpaper but this failed.

Do wallpapers have to be a specific file type (jpg / png / pwb) etc and/or is there a maximum file size?

Please explain the correct way i can save a customised wallpaper to the panel.

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi lancelj

Thanks for posting.  I need to check this for you.  I will come back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Kind regards,
    Paul

Promethean Technical Support
  • Hi lancelj,

Can I ask for a little more information regarding your request?

Can you please confirm where you want wallpaper paper to go? Are you using an ActivConnect or a OSP-G?

Are you looking to change the ActivPanel's initial logo screen? 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Craig 

• Hi Craig,

We would like to change the wallpaper on the panel when operating the Ops-G unit. 

So far I’ve identified that with the pen if I “press and hold” on the current wallpaper (avoiding the clock and any bubbles) a menu then appears allowing me to change wallpaper.  Once selected I can navigate to the files on my flash drive, but when I select it the screen just goes black.

thanks
  • Hello lancelj,

Thank you for providing that clarification.

What is the file type that you are trying to use to load that wallpaper?

Also, what version of the OPS are you using? Assistance finding that can be found using the following article: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1652

We were unable to replicate this on our end, but we want to make sure that the we are not missing any details.

Please let us know!

• Hi Martha, we are trying to using file extension .PNG - please note i have also tried .JPG.

In terms of the OPS version we are on v2.2.0.0, model is ACON-OPS.

Thanks
  • Hi lancelj,

I've downloaded a PNG file from online and set as the wallpaper and this appeared to work. I noticed that the PNG photo I had selected had a transparent background, when selected as a wallpaper this added a black background to the wallpaper.
    Is this what is happening to your photo?

Kind regards,
    Adam

• Hi Adam, thanks for looking into this.  I don't think it is transparent - i inserted the image into ms powerpoint with a blue background and this is then replaced in full with my image.  I've attached a copy of the file for fyi.
  • Hi lancelj,

I was able to replicate the issue that you are having when trying to set the wallpaper from a USB pen drive rather than using the internal storage.
    I will raise this internally with our team, we would recommend for the moment saving the file to the internal storage and then choosing the wallpaper.

Thanks.
    Adam
  • Thanks Adam, that worked.  I did note that after copying the file to internal storage that i needed to reboot the panel in order for the file to be made available for selection when choosing the wallpaper.

Where we have multiple user accounts on a panel, appears that i need to repeat the process for each user - is there a location on the internal storage that is shared across all users thereby only needing one copy of the file?
  • Excellent, thanks Adam.