|

ActivInspire zoom tool issues with ActivPanel

Morning all,
One of our teachers is reporting an issue with his beloved magnification tool in ActivInspire. It simply doesn't work. I've tested it on 2 identical panels, each with fully up to date driver and inspire and it doesn't work while using your finger or the pen. Curiously it does work while using the mouse on the PC. If you try and so it on the panel it does whatever the previously used tool should (ie select or draw). The panels in question are P6-75-4K's.
A sidenote that may be related is that when using the pen wool and drawing it shows a cursor following the pen, not a pen icon. 
Could this be to do with Windows stylus settings?
Any suggestions and help would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Michael

Best Answer

Answers

• sg_mikesg_mike Posts: 10
    Sorry, another bit of clarification - you cannot drag/scroll with the pen or zoom in and out, but you can with the mouse.
    Is this an incompatibility because of the lack of a right click on the pen?
  • Hi sg_mike,

Thanks for your post.

Can you confirm the version of ActivInspire and ActivDriver that you have installed on the computer?

In the ActivDriver, under Control Panel>Pens, can you confirm what this is set to? Please ensure that this is set to Mouse rather than tablet. 

Can you provide a screenshot of within ActivInspire under File>Settings>Dual Mode ActivBoard too?

Many thanks,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support

Hi Adam, thanks for your quick response.
    The ActivInspire version is Professional Edition 2.14.67304, ActivDriver version is 5.17.13.
    The Pens mode is set to mouse and please see below for the screenshot.

I did however find a quirk I had not come across before. We are using the HDMI in mode on an ActivConnect OPS-G (software version 2.2.0.0) for everyday operation. ActivDriver does not detect the panel as connected when it's through this input. However, if routing through an HDMI input on the panel itself, pan and zoom works and ActivDriver detects the board, hence when I checked the pen settings.
    Any advice?
    Many thanks

Thank you very much for your help and for confirming this.
    Michael