|

iPad app for viewing flipcharts

Amy SandyAmy Sandy Posts: 1
edited March 2016 in Software Solutions
Is there an app that would allow me to open and view
a flipchart on my iPad that was sent in an email or saved in Google Drive?

Comments

• Miguel PrometheanMiguel Promethean Posts: 397 mod
    edited November 2015
    Hi,

Thank you for your post.

Currently ActivInspire is not supported on an iPad, however if you wish to simply view a flipchart on an iPad you can import it into PDF and open on the device.

Another alternative is to use ClassFlow (a feature included with the latest ActivInspire). You can import a flipchart into ClassFlow and then view it on the iPad.

Please let us know if you require further details.

Kind regards,

Miguel
    Promethean Technical Support
  • TulipTulip Posts: 1
    edited December 2015
    Could you please clarify the use case for viewing an active inspire flipchart that you have received via email on the iPad.  When you say " if you wish to simply view a flipchart on an iPad you can import it into PDF and open on the device."   it is not clear how you go about this.scenario 1: email arrives on iPad with a flipchart as an attachment. To view (not edit) it directly on the iPad what app do you need to open it in?scenario 2: teacher wants to view a Flipchart which is available on dropbox/office365/GoogleFrive could space on the iPad.  To view (not edit) it directly on the iPad what app do you need to open it in?
  • Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean Posts: 176 mod
    edited January 2016
    Hi,

The ability to export to PDF is within the ActivInspire software, if you go to the print menu there is the option to save as a PDF file, so you will not be able to open flipchart files on your iPad but you can export a viewable copy from ActivInspire.

I hope this clears this up.

Kind Regards,Paul

• HelpHelp Posts: 1
    Hi am I able to download activeinspire primary onto my iPad Pro. I have office running on it
  • Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,554 admin
    Hi Help,

It isn't possible to download ActivInspire on your iOS or Android devices.
    You will need to use a Windows, Mac, Linux operating systems that are supported with ActivInspire.

If you use Prometheans next generation of classroom delivery software, ClassFlow, this is web based and you can convert any ActivInspire flipcharts into ClassFlow which can be viewed on any device as long as it has a web browser.
    Please visit ClassFlow for further information.

Kind regards,
    Adam