Dual User Not Working

Hello
I have 

ActivPanel Stands device

I have a problem with the program activinspire professinal 2.8

Problem: 

Dual User

When you press the duo show the user a message
I updated to the newest version of active inspire for my classroom, which has the classflow option, but I can no longer use my dual user function. When I attempt to use the dual user function it states: Dual User requires an update available for Promethean Activboards only.

Please contact Promethean or your nearest Promethean reseller for your upgrade options.

active Manager 5 .14.14

I hope to help me

Answers

• Adam K PrometheanAdam K Promethean Posts: 1,709 admin
    Hi

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

The Dual User option is for ActivBoard 300/500 or ActivBoard 2nd generation with the ActivArena upgrade.
    The ActivPanel isn't a Dual User product.
    Dual User on ActivInspire requires a teacher and a student pen to work (which differentiates between users) which are only available on the 300/500 and ActivArena upgrade kit..

I hope this helps to clear up your question.

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Technical Support
  • I have a new Activboard touch - just got it this month. My previous board had the activarena upgrade with the 2 pens.

If I understand correctly...I no longer have dual user with the new board.

Can I use the activareana upgrade on the new touch board?

Is there anyway for 2 users to have different colored pens at the same time with the touch board without dual user?
  • Hi ryderkate,

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

The ActivBoard Touch doesn't allow for Dual user as this can't establish between each users touch input, this is what the ActivArena pens allowed for as these worked on different technologies that could identify a student and teacher pen.

Kind regards,
    Adam
  • So can I use the ActivArena upgrade that I used with my old board on the new board?
  • Hi ryderkate,

Thank you for your reply.

The ActivBoard Touch doesn't allow for Dual User. It would not be possible to use the previous ActivArena upgrade and pens with this model of ActivBoard.

Kind regards,
    Adam