I can restart ActivManager by searching in Spotlight.
The program is called “activmgr.app” and resides in /Applications/Promethean/ActivDriver/
I also woule LOVE to be able to disable automatic start of the ActivManager when restarting. Could we have a setting for that, please?
(I assume it is currently not possible to disable that short of uninstalling the whole software, else Adam K probably would have told us about it.)
I found that activmgr.app is being auto-started by placing a file in
The file there is called “com.promethean.activmgr.plist” and within it it just launches /Applications/Promethean/ActivDriver/activmgr.app/
There is another file by Promethean in the same place: “com.promethean.activhardwareservice.plist” which runs /Applications/Promethean/ActivDriver/activhardwareservice.app
I have no idea what this one does (the .app cannot be launched by me “just like that”).
If you want to prevent autostart of the ActivManager you might try *AT YOUR OWN RISK* to remove the first or both files out of /Library/LaunchAgents/. If you try this, I’d suggest to MOVE it someplace so you can put it back.
I tried both (removing only “com.promethean.activmgr.plist” or both “com.promethean.activ*” files) and in both cases I prevent ActivManager from auto-starting, yay! I haven’t tested the functionality of the software now as we don’t have the Promethean screens quite yet… But if anybody else could test that I’d be grateful.
- Release notes for Radix VISO v1.2.7 (released 10 June 2021)
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.14 (US release 25 May 2021 / Global release 3 June 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.10 (released 13 May 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.2 (released 29 April 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements series v5.0.0 (released 15 April 2021)