Access Windows’ Start Menu and enter
“DXdiag” in the search field at the bottom of the menu. The only result should be an application called
‘DXdiag.exe’; run that application. A
window will appear with a green progress bar to the lower left that fills as a
diagnostic is run and any issue that present are repaired. After the diagnostic finishes, close the
window and try using the camera tool in Inspire once more; does the same
behavior present as before?
If so, please also ensure that
Flash and Flash for Other Browsers are up-to-date; the installations for those
items can be downloaded from this page on Adobe’s
website. Also, please ensure that Java
is up-to-date using the installer downloaded from this page.
After installing both items and re-booting the computer does the screen
still become completely dark when accessing the Camera Tool in Inspire?
(Support Case 00490794)
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.2.0 (released 30 September 2020)