Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      troytecktroyteck
      Participant

Greetings,

I am attempting to upgrade the firmware in a new 65″ Nickel Promethean Activpanel.  I followed the instructions in Article # 1744 and performed Update #1.  The unit is now at firmware version 3.1.0.79.  I am not able to get the panel to update to version # 3.1.0.80 and beyond to employ the instructions for Update 2 per the support article.

Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks!

Hi there,

Are you receiving any error messages at all? If so, please share this with us.

Please ensure the USB stick is blank and that the firmware file is the only file on there.

If you are still having issues please try a factory reset following this guide: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1752/

Thank you.

Adem

troytecktroyteck
        Participant

Greetings,

Thanks for responding.  I am using an absolutely blank USB drive with only the firmware upgrade file on it.

The firmware upgrade process seems to work fine.  It appears to be doing an upgrade and finishing without an issue.

Once that upgrade process is finished, the version is still at 3.1.0.79, so that precludes me using the “Update” app to access the “Over-the-Air” update server.

The only error message that I receive is if I try to do an update from the “Update App.”  Then it tells me that the “Over-the-Air” server cannot be contacted.

I have good Internet connection and can reach other pages and sites without problems.

If I perform a factory reset, do I start the firmware upgrade process with the USB drive method first?

Thanks much,

Roy

Hi Roy,

Since you have 3.1.0.79 installed, this will still need the first update in order to then have the ‘over-the-air’ updates.

Please follow the instructions on the below article:

I hope this information helps.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Support

troytecktroyteck
      Participant

Good Morning Adam,

Thank you for your response.  Please see my original post at the beginning of this thread.

I have faithfully followed the instructions in article 1744 several times.  I will attempt them again now using a fresh USB drive and new download, although that is what I’ve tried before.  The board performs an upgrade, but doesn’t get past ver. 3.1.0.79.

Thanks,

Roy

Hi Roy,

Apologies for the confusion.

Please perform Update 2 and this should help to update your ActivPanel.
      It is possible you may get errors when performing the over the air should this location not be allowed as part of the network restrictions.

It may also be necessary to whitelist the following URLs:

https://otaupdate.prometheanworld.com (software updates)
      cdn-otaupdate.prometheanworld.com (software updates)

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Support

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Interactive Flat Panels’ is closed to new topics and replies.