Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      jbohn001jbohn001
      Participant

Brand-new Promethean board randomly resets its video source.  The user is plugged into VGA 1; at random times, the board will reset the source to VGA 2, or to an HDMI source.  No pattern as to when it does it or what it gets changed to that the user or I can discern.  Any idea a) what may be causing this, and b) what to do to stop it?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi jbohn001

Thanks for posting on the Support Community.

So we can best look into this issue, please could you provide the model number (not serial) of the ActivPanel?

Is the source being reset upon start up of the ActivPanel each day or whilst in use does this cycle through different sources?

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,

It’s an AP4-70.

The unit resets the source randomly while in use.  Here’s a bit more info I just got from the end user:

it seems like it stops losing its signal if I stay at the board and reset the source multiple times- it is as if it has to warm up before it will stay on the correct setting. 

I have to reset the source MANY times before it calms down- probably about 20 times. “

She also noted when I spoke to her that it seems to calm down a bit after 15 minutes or so – it still switches source occasionally, but it isn’t constant as it is when she first turns it on.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi jbohn001,

Thanks for the extra info, with regard to the set up of the computer with the ActivPanel are you using any wallboxes or faceplates where the VGA port connects to or is the VGA cable direct from the computer to the VGA port 1 on the ActivPanel (one singular lead with no extensions/adapters)?

If you are using a wallbox/faceplate or any adapters, can you bypass this and connect a singular VGA lead to the ActivPanel and see if this helps the issue?
      Alternatively, does the same issue occur when connecting to VGA2 or when using an HDMI cable?

Kind regards,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think we’ve sorted it – user had a document camera inline between the Mac and the ActivPanel – we swapped out the camera for a new one, and it seems to be behaving.  Thanks!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ah… …wishful thinking.  It worked for a little while, then failed again.  Swapped with an AP2-70, and that seems fine.  I’ll work on our end to get warranty coverage done for the goofy one.  Thanks for your help!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello jbohn001 ,

We have set up a support case regarding this issue.  We will email you directly in order to troubleshoot further.

Thanks,
      Michael 
      Promethean Support

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.