- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 8 months ago by Anonymous.
June 8, 2015 at 3:30 pm #645Tomasson TomaParticipant
Hi! I have problem with connection between AB378Pro – pc (win 8.1), all current drivers installed, usb cable / extender rj45 checked. The problem occurs with the vision of connecting to PC and a ActivBoard or sound module. Some ideas?
June 8, 2015 at 8:10 pm #4776AnonymousInactive
If the computer with the up-to-date version 5.11 driver (downloadable
from Article 10902 on our Knowledgebase,
if needed) installed is not able to recognize a connection to the board, the ActivManager
(located in Windows’ system tray to the lower right, as a smaller icon next to
the time and date) should have a red X on it instead of a yellow-orange person
shape. If this is the case, please first
ensure that the USB cable from the computer is also connected into the board’s
electronics (located behind its upper left corner).
If the ActivManager is not recognizing the USB connection at
that time, please try making a direct connection from this computer (or any
other computer with the 5.11 driver installed on it) to the board’s electronics
using only a single length of A-to-B USB cable, bypassing the RJ-45 extender. This will ensure that the RJ-45 extender is
not interfering with the connection to this board. Testing a different computer with this board
using the same direct connection would also determine whether we would need to
look further at the hardware in place or the computer in use.
Once the USB connection to the board is recognized, not only
should you have the ability to calibrate the board using the ActivManager, but you
should also have the ability to select a USB audio device (the board’s built-in
amplifier) as the default audio output device through Windows’ Sound settings,
accessible through Windows’ Control Panel (START > Control Panel >
Hardware and Sound > Sound).
(Support Case 00545083)
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release notes for ClassFlow v6.13 (US release 29 January 2021 / Global release 5 February 2021)
- Release notes for ActivInspire v2.21 (released 5 January 2021)
- Release notes for ActivPanel Elements Series v4.3.0 (released 16 December 2020) and v4.3.1 (released 7 January 2021)
- Release notes for myPromethean portal v1.4 (released 2 December 2020)
- Release notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.4 (released 16 October 2020)