Software Solutions
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Jeff FerrellJeff Ferrell
      Participant

I’m using ActivInspire on a Mac (OS X 10.10) and using some Typekit fonts locally that have font weights (E.g. Museo 500, 700, 900, 1000 etc.) Is there some way I can access those different weights in ActivInspire? It appears I can only access the basic face, plus the usual “bold” option.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Jeff, 
      We are looking at a few things where Mac fonts don’t seem to translate well into ActivInspire. 
      Sub-categorised fonts is one of these. We have found that imported fonts do not seem to behave this way, so I don’t know if you have the option to re-import this font? 
      Please note that ActivInspire is not yet supported under Yosemite, but we are also hoping to remedy this as soon as possible. 

Your reference: 00466135

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks for the reply! I haven’t run into “imported fonts” before, I don’t think. What have I missed?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Without being able to recommend a specific link:  Run a quick google search on “installing Mac Fonts ” and “download Museo Font for Mac”.  That should provide you with specific instructions on how to manually install a font and the process of downloading the font separately and installing it should hopefully provide a work-able workaround until we can resolve this from within Inspire. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Oh, no—I see. I’m sure that’s not the problem. It’s an Adobe thing, handled through Creative Cloud, so it’s as installed as it gets. I thought you were alluding to a way to specifically/specially install fonts inside ActivInspire, kind of like embedding in a PDF or Flash! 😉 It’s fine the way it is, for now—I just miss having access to my extra-extra bold faces!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.