Interactive Flat Panels

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Adam K Promethean Adam K Promethean 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Author
    Dave Lawton
    Dave Lawton
    Participant

This may be a ridiculous question with a very simple answer, but.. how do you access a USB drive plugged into an ActivPanel Nickel? I can’t seem to find it in the file browser for the life of me.

The USB drive is a known-good device, there are no issues with it.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting.

You will have an app in the Locker called Files, if you connect your USB Pen drive to the USB ports (not USB-OPS) then your pen drive should show down the side of the Files app.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Adam

Promethean Support

Dave Lawton
      Dave Lawton
      Participant

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your response! I was able to access the USB on one of our panels this morning, but have yet to test the rest.

Another question for you – we are trying to open flipchart files on the boards, but are getting an error saying the file type cannot be opened. We did some research and found that ActivInspire was the product to use for flipcharts, but there seems to be no installation for ActivInspire on the promethean boards, so we’re not sure how to open/use them.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Dave

Hi Dave,

For flipchart files, these need to be open with ActivInspire. This needs to be used with a computer connected to the ActivPanel (HDMI and USB) as this is not a built-in application to the ActivPanel itself.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,
    Adam

Promethean Support

Dave Lawton
      Dave Lawton
      Participant

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the quick reply!

Interesting, that’s very good to know. There’s no way to load ActivInspire on a Promethean Chromebox either? We have those integrated with each of our ActivPanels.

If not, is there a way of wirelessly mirroring a laptop display with touch? Even with a higher resolution, maybe? Our wireless mirroring has seemed extremely low-quality and pixelated.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions!
      Dave

Hi Dave,

ActivInspire is only currently compatible with Windows/Linux or Mac operating systems.

You can use Screenshare with a Windows computer and have touch back. Have you tried this at all?

Kind regards,
    Adam
    Promethean Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.