Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      JSJS
      Participant

I have had no problems using my activboard 500 with windows 10 for quite some time now (it actually works better than it did with windows 10- mainly because Windows 10 is more kind and has less faults).

I am not sure what the difference or what changed, but just about a week ago. When i plugged my computer via usb to the board- the board start showing ripples (like you are pressing on the board) but you are not. These ripples show up rapidly and a few at a time and gets more and more (and more quickly) and ends up opening windows and closing and doing stuff as though you are doing a zillion things on the laptop – but you are nowhere near the computer or the board! 

So this is how it happens- i plug in the usb to the computer and then wait for the light to turn white- (while it is yellow blinking- nothing happens yet). When it is finally sold white- that is when evrything jumps. The second it gets white! no pen, no touching, nothing… and then all the windows start popping up and even, closing some opened documents! When i unplug the USB- everything is OKAY immediately again. 🙁 

I did update ActivInspire (now this is what i can;t remember exactly when)- but it was probably a month before and also to the latest driver. 

PLEASE HELP–

I got this from activmanager – before the light went all white 
      Firmware V8.83 Build 2 
      Connection USB 
      Driver version 5.8.46.3 (although i though it should be updated to 5.12.17 already) 
      Activinspire 2.5.66477

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Jeannie,

Thanks for posting. The problem you are describing is often an environmental issue. Has anything in the room changed recently such as lighting, wiring, even electronic door locks have been knowing to cause this.

When you first connect the ActivBoard to the computer, between the time the ActivBoard is detected and when the issue occurs, please can you try and disable touch (the check box under the pens tab in ActivManager that says “Use your fingers to operate the ActivBoard”) if this resolves the issue please let us know and we will be able to offer further advice.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

(Support Case: 621201)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Paul,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I was away from work for the past couple of days and just got back today. Yes i did as you suggested and you are right. It stopped the second i unticked the touch option (i disabled touch on the activmanager). I doubled checked it- when i ticked it back the problem started again.

so does this mean the problem is not as major as i thought- or is it as bad?

I will wait for further advice from you as you suggested. Thank you so much.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

The fact that the issue stops when the touch is disabled means that there is an environmental issue causing interference.

We will send you an email for more information.

Thank you

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you very much.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Just to ask- so should i be worried about it being an environmental issue. I must say that we did change the position of the air conditioner with wiring etc running along the wall – so I’m not sure if this is the cause (as i can;t thing of anything else different, except a change of mouse with the notebook).

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

That could cause an issue depending on how the wiring has been setup, however the information we sent you via email will help us to determine a possible solution.

Thank you

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi. I have not receive any email. Has it been sent? Could you pls resend? Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

I’ve resent our email yourself, this has gone to the email address that you had used to sign up to your account on the community.

If you do not receive anything please check your junk/spam folders.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello,

Sorry for the late follow up-
      I followed the steps one by one- but so far it has not made any difference.
      Since then, i have tried updating my video card driver (which for some reason had been stuck and have not been able to auto update)- so cant be sure if this helped cause the situation
      I have also reinstalled activinspire since then

Now, when i plug everything in- after the light on the board turn to a steady white- and i enable touch- it is all ok- touch even works and no bubbles andno jumping around

However when i open Activinspire- touch does not work!
      I have tried a few times, and so far, only ONCE (nd i am not sure why)-there was once when i opened activinspire and touch was not working- i kept on touching/clicking on various points on the board including/especially the windows taskbar below, to open the folder docs- and suddenly activinsprire worked all perfectly fine with touch. But only this once. Did not manage to get touch to work other times when i open activinspire- (so meaning, touch works fine- which it did not before, but it stops working when i open activinspire) and i have checked that the settings is for touch and activpen.

Help

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Please open ActivInspire and follow steps below:

– Click on File
      – Click on Settings
      – Ensure you are in the Settings tab
      – Click on Dual Mode ActivBoards
      – Change the settings in the dropdown menus as per below:

Touch input handling > Touch and ActivPen
      Touch interoperability > Default
      Default tool for touch > Pen
      Default object interaction mode > Any

– Click on Done
      – Test the pen/touch

You may need to restart ActivInspire for the changed to take effect.

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

i have alson probelem in active board… i cannot calibrate the active board in my pc no active board detected.. in my pc 6pcs ncomputing connected.. but insted of detecting in my computer he detecting in the ncomputing…… so i cannot calibrate the board pls help me what should i do

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Dodoy,

Please can you let us know the model number (not serial number) of the ActivBoard you are using?

What colour is the flame in the top left corner of the ActivBoard? 
      If your ActivBoard has an amplifier on the left hand side, is this powered? Does it change from red to green?

If this is set to green, I would recommend checking your USB cabling and bypass any wallboxes or connectivity plates and connect directly to the electronics on the ActivBoard itself.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

yes sometimes its red and green after a few minutes he steady in white color and instead of detecting in the pc he detect in my work station my work station in ncomputing thats my problem… i installed also the latest driver… thats why i cannot calibrate. because he detect in the work station………….

Anonymous
      Inactive

my OS in Windows 7  Enterprise 64bit is that ok??

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Dodoy,

Thanks for your reply, whats your model number of the ActivBoard?
      From what you’ve mentioned, this sounds like the normal connection between the computer and the ActivBoard when the flame is white.
      When the pen is on the surface of the ActivBoard this should turn blue.
      Your operating system is fine with the latest ActivDriver (5.14.14).
      What happens when you try to calibrate the ActivBoard?
      Do you see your ActivBoard listed within the ActivManager Control Panel under the Hardware tab?

Thanks,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

My active board is stuck on a red flame I have the active 500  I have tried everything and can’t get it to work. Nothing has changed in my room 

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a mac and am still on ios 10.11.6

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi amandacrane,

Thanks for posting.

If you have a red LED on the flame, this usually means the issue is cable/driver related.
      Please ensure that you have the latest version of ActivDriver installed (5.14.21). You can check this on the below link:
      https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/?kb=1012

Next I would double check your USB cabling, ensure that this is connected to the computer and at all connection points. If it is, to rule out cabling issues, I would suggest connecting directly to the back of the ActivBoard from the computer to the location where the 3 meter USB cable is pointing. 
      User-added image
      If you still experience issues connecting and getting the flame to go red, test another known working computer from another ActivBoard of the same model on this ActivBoard directly and see if this works.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.