Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      grooverbtgrooverbt
      Participant

Having issues with Pen not working.  Flame is white.  ActivManager says board is there. I believe I may need a firmware update.  Currently using 8.04 Build 0.  Driver – V5.8.46.3.  

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi and thanks for posting.

With regard to the issue raised, does the flame in the top left corner of the ActivBoard change colour when the pen touches the surface of the ActivBoard?
      If no change to the flame LED, then this could indicate a faulty ActivPen. Have you tested other known working ActivPens?

If this is still not working, please remove your USB cable from your computer thats connecting to the ActivBoard and power off the ActivBoard from the mains. If your projector is on the same power socket (which some usually are), power the projector off first. 
      Leave disconnected for 10 minutes, reconnect and then try to re-calibrate.

If you are still having issues please let us know as we only recommend performing firmware upgrades as a last option for the ActivBoard.

Thanks,
      Adam
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Tried all of your recommendations and still getting the same result.  Board shows in ActivManager.  White Flame is lit and has no response to multiple pens that all work on other boards of the same model number.  Board is using firmware 8.04 Build 0.  We have the exact same model board in the building and it is using firmware 8.10 Build 7 and works perfectly.  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I’ll send you the firmware file along with instructions on how to upgrade the firmware on the ActivBoard.
      Hopefully this will help with your issue.

If you have any further issues please let us know.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Adam, Im having the exact same problem as above. Could you please send me the firmware file so that I can upgrade firmware from 8.04 build 0 to 8.10 build 7.

Thanks

Ruairi

Anonymous
      Inactive

P.S I have tried all the troubleshooting you have said and still exact same as above. Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Ruairi,

I will send you an email shortly.

Thank you

Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Firmware Upgrade worked perfectly. THanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Great to hear ruairi83!

Enjoy your day!

Adam

Anonymous
      Inactive

Adam,

I have another ABV378 Pro board that will not move up or down with the remote.

I have taken that remote and put onto another board and it works fine. The remote that was working for other board will not work on this board either. I have reseat all power cables on rear of board and that has not made any difference.

Any advice? Have the serial number here.

Thanks

Ruairi 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Ruairi,

This sounds like an issue with your stand. It may be better if you contact our support desk directly. 

I have provided a link below to our contact number/form: 

https://support.prometheanworld.com/contact/

Thank you,

Craig 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks Will do Criag

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.