Interactive Whiteboards
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Asif AslamAsif Aslam
      Participant

Hi,

I have two ActivBoards (same make) which do not respond to touch.

I have installed the following driver: ActivDriver_5_18_19_x64 and ActivInspire: 1.5.0.0 on a Windows 10 (x64) pc.  The board powers on ok (power indicator button green).
      In ActivManager the device is recognised and displayed in ActivManager Control Panel. The board has an icon in the top left which is white, however it is not responsive to touch.  Also, when i try and calibrate, it does not respond to touch when clicking the small plus sign. When i hover my promethean pen over the white icon on the board, nothing happens.

The usb cable i use to connect is 3m in length. I have tried installing on a separate machine, and have the same symptoms, i.e. icon is white and board recognised on pc, but not responsive to touch.

I have gone into ActivInspire and modified settings (Dual Mode Activboard) to various options, but no joy.

Are you able to advise in order to resolve the issue ?

Thanks.

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Asif and thanks for posting.

Firstly, just to clarify the 378Pro ActivBoard works with the pen only, no finger touch is supported with this hardware so all interaction must be done with the pen.

My initial thoughts on this are either faulty pen or corrupt firmware.  Please can you try the following:

1. Try another known working pen that works on a another ActivBoard of the same model.  Please confirm the ActivBoard LED behaviour when you touch the pen to the ActivBoard.
      2. Let us know the firmware version that is showing in the ActivManager control panel hardware tab.

Once we have this information we will be able to advise you further.

In addition to the above, the version of ActivInspire you are using is very out of date, we would ask that you download the latest version of ActivInspire from our downloads page.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the results.

Kind regards, Paul

Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.