Accessories
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Lindsey LukerLindsey Luker
      Blocked

My promethian board has a white flame and is recognized by my computer, but the pens will not work. It was working fine yesterday then it was unhooked from my computer and now will not work. I have tried unplugging every cable and restarting my computer and the board.  I cannot upgrade my board because I am not an administrator for my county. Please help! I have no white board and really need this fixed!

Hello Lindsey,

Thank you for your post.

In order for us to better understand the issue, kindly provide us with the following information:

1.) Kindly provide us with the firmware version of your ActivBoard in ActivManager. We have included a link below that contains instructions on how to find this information.

2.) Kindly provide us with the ActivDriver version that is running on your computer.

3.) If you are using Windows, please follow the instructions below to provide us with the build number and version of Windows.

• Click on the start menu.
      • Open the settings menu on the left-hand side.
      • Open the System menu.
      • Scroll down and find the About menu.
      • Scroll down to the bottom where it says “Windows Specifications”
      • Provide us with the Edition and the Version.

4.) If you are using a Mac OS computer, please click on the apple in the upper left-hand corner, and then click “About this Mac” and then provide us with the number version, and version name.

Once we have this information, we can provide guidance on how to resolve this issue.

Kind regards,

Jordan

Promethean Technical Support

Hello Lindsey,

Thank you for your post.

In order for us to better understand the issue, kindly provide us with the following information:

1.) Kindly provide us with the firmware version of your ActivBoard in ActivManager. We have included a link below that contains instructions on how to find this information.

2.) Kindly provide us with the ActivDriver version that is running on your computer.

3.) If you are using Windows, please follow the instructions below to provide us with the build number and version of Windows.

• Click on the start menu.
      • Open the settings menu on the left-hand side.
      • Open the System menu.
      • Scroll down and find the About menu.
      • Scroll down to the bottom where it says “Windows Specifications”
      • Provide us with the Edition and the Version.

4.) If you are using a Mac OS computer, please click on the apple in the upper left-hand corner, and then click “About this Mac” and then provide us with the number version, and version name.

Once we have this information, we can provide guidance on how to resolve this issue.

Kind regards,

Jordan

Blocked

1. Driver 5.8.46.3. Firmware 8.04 build 0

2.  Active driver version 5.14.14

3. Windows 10 Pro version 1809

Noel PrometheanNoel Promethean

Hello Lindsey,

Thank you for your post.

The firmware on the ActivBoard, will need to be updated to 8.10B7.

To update the firmware, you will need to use a different computer with the ActivDriver install in it.

For the link and instructions on how to upgrade the mainboard firmware, please click on the link below.

After the upgrade, please calibrate the ActivBoard and test.

Hope this helps.

Thank You,

Noel,

Blocked

Okay thank you

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.