Software Solutions
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Megan SoundyMegan Soundy
      Participant

Just this week all of our ActivCast chrome extensions will connect, but they are casting a black screen.  The only option on the ActivPanel is a pink eye (which when touched doesn’t connect to anything) and an arrow that exits the program.

We have updated the board and uninstalled and reinstalled the chrome ActivCast extension with no luck. We’ve also reset the ActivConnect G.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Megan,

Thank you for your pst.

To help us look into the issue can you please confirm the hardware you are using and the software version you have running?

We may need to pass the case over to our second level support team for review. This is our standard process and nothing to worry about.

Kind regards,

Craig

tankoltankol
        Participant

I am having the same issue. When I click on share screen, it’s a black screen.

Megan SoundyMegan Soundy
        Participant

I’m not certain this is the information you need; but here is what I have so far.

ActivPanel ACON1-G Version 2.3.0.37

ActivCast 2018 Promethean Limited  Version 1.2.1.3

Hello Megan and Tankol,

Thank you for your reply.

Here is a direct link to install the ActivCast Chrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/activcast-sender/dcdfjddkdjkaohjceimnbgniajaholfl

Does this happen also when you use the ActivCast app?

We also recommend clearing the app data from the ActivCast application. You can find the steps on how to do so in the support article below.

Please, also have a look at this Support article for further guidance: https://support.prometheanworld.com/article/1532/.

If you continue to have issues, please let us know and we will provide further help.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Promethean Technical Support

Brooke LudwigBrooke Ludwig
      Participant

I have this same issue.  When the teacher uses the extension to screen share the board screen is black.  I have downloaded the ActivCast App and it works.  The teacher would like to use the extension because she can show a certain tab.  How do I get rid of the black screen when using the extension?

Rick DavisRick Davis
      Participant

I am having the same issue on Chromebook’s and MacBook Air’s. The ActivCast Sender extension states that it is sharing, asks me if I want to share the entire screen, I click on share and then the Promethean Board goes black as described above. The Chromebook or MacBookAir just has the spinning gear and a cancel button within the extension window.

Is there a way to escalate this issue to get a resolution?

Hello all,

Thank you for your posts.

Due to the nature of this issue, we are going to contact you directly via email with specific troubleshooting and questions.

Kind regards,

Arianna

Promethean Technical Support

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The topic ‘ActivCast casting a black screen’ is closed to new replies.