Accessories

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Adam K Promethean Adam K Promethean 9 months ago.

• Author
    Matthew Roslevich
    Matthew Roslevich
    Participant

As these ActivConnect devices are a limited Android device, is there any program out there where I can image/backup one and image/restore to another?

These are rebranded Zidoo Z6 Pro android streaming devices. While I could root it, and install TWRP, I’d rather not void any warranty I may have -yet. It’s tedious to sit there, run updates, then sideload apps that aren’t available on the Promethean’s app store (Aptoide partner) on the devices, though.

I tried creating a full backup through ADB, using “adb backup -all -apk -f c:\activConnect.ab” but restoring it to another one seemed to only restore parts of the full backup made..

Pam Promethean
    Pam Promethean

Hi Matthew,

You can do that with the device management, here is a link to information about Viso https://www.radix-int.com/device-management-for-promethean.html.

If you need more help with these devices, please click on this link to contact support https://support.prometheanworld.com/contact.

Thank you,

Pam

Matthew Roslevich
    Matthew Roslevich
    Participant

So there’s no on-site backup/restore/configuration utility? I don’t want an MDM solution – it won’t get approved..

I tried updating the offline update zip file, but it’s signed, so I can’t add the apks to it the way I want. Eh, I’ll just void the warranties and get them set up the way I want then. Thanks.

Hi Matthew Roslevich,

Thanks for posting.

We do not currently have a way of performing an on-site backup/restore/configuration utility for the ActivConnect.

I will however raise this request with our product teams to review and hopefully implement in future software versions.

Kind regards,

Adam
    Promethean Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.