Interactive Flat Panels
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      Robert HolmesRobert Holmes
      Participant

When I download 5.18.19 it says that it is for Intel based Macs.  Is there a driver for an M1 based MacBook Air (Big Sur)?

Kate PrometheanKate Promethean

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your post.

So far we have not had any issues reported with ActivDriver and the M1 processor for Mac.

Tests have been carried out and this proves to work correctly with the 5.18.19 version of ActivDriver.

Should you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

Kate

Promethean Technical Support

https://support.prometheanworld.com/

Participant

Thank you.  Is there a specific driver for the M1 chip, because when I try to download the latest Mac driver, it tells me that the driver is for an Intel based Mac.

James PrometheanJames Promethean

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your post

As far as we are aware the MacOS version of the Driver, available here, should be compatible with M1 Mac device as well as Intel based units.

As such there is not a specific driver available.

At what point does it display this message please? Is it during the installation or when you are downloading it?

Thanks

James

Participant

Hello James,

The message regarding the requirement for an Intel based Mac happens during installation.  Should I install anyway?  The issue that I’m having with the Activpanel is that the panel isn’t reacting to my finger nor the pen.

Thanks,

RobMsg regarding Intel based mac

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting.  Does the ActivPanel show in the hardware tab of ActivManager once installed?  What model of the ActivPanel are you using and what is the displayed firmware version in the hardware tab of ActivManager?

We look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Paul

Participant

Hello Paul,

So I downloaded the latest driver 5.18.19.

The ActivPanel (model #AP7-B70) does not always show up in ActivManager when I connect my Mac Air with M1 chip to HDMI 2, which means nothing is displayed on the panel.  When the content on my Mac is displayed on the panel, (which doesn’t happen very often), the touch feature, along with the pen input, do not elicit a response in ActivStudio.  When I input directly on my Mac in ActivInspire, the writing does show up on the panel.

When I connect my PC to HDMI 2, ActivManager shows ActivPanel Touch V6.4.71.42.

Thanks,

Rob

Paul PrometheanPaul Promethean

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply.  Does your Macbook have a native HDMI out port or does it use an adapter?  The same for the touch USB, is it a standard USB port or is a USB-C to USB adapter being used?

What is the length of both of the cables that you are connecting with and are they connecting directly? By that I mean single cable going from Macbook to ActivPanel bypassing any junction boxes extenders etc?

Can you also check the “update” app on your ActivPanel to see if there are any available updates.

We look forward to hearing back from you with the results.

Kind regards,

Paul

Participant

Hello Paul,

The new MacBooks (with M1 chips) do not have a native HDMI port.  I am using a USB-C to HDMI adapter (a very expensive one by the way!). The HDMI cable from my computer (attached to the USB-C to HDMI adapter) connects directly into the HDMI-2 port on the ActivPanel.   The actual HDMI cable I am using is 5 feet long.  To make sure I don’t have an issue with the cable or adapter I have connected my MacBook Air to my TV without any issues, multiple times.

I’m not sure what you mean by touch USB.    I am not using a USB port on my computer (it only has USB-C), nor a USB port on the ActivPanel.  Should I be using a USB cable?

When I use my PC, I connect the PC from USB-C to a docking station.  From there, I connect an HDMI cable (15 feet long) from the dock to HDMI-2 on the ActivPanel, without any issues.

I am not in the school building today, but will check for updates on the ActivPanel tomorrow.

Thanks,

Rob

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Rob,

You would need to connect a USB cable to connect to the ActivPanel.

You will find the USB ports on the edge of the ActivPanel.

I’ve marked the thread as on hold, awaiting to hear from you.

Kind regards,

Craig

Participant

But shouldn’t I see video with the HDMI cable attached, and the USB cable is just for Touch?

Regardless, I now have both cables attached from my Mac into the HDMI Touch 2 and the USB Touch 2.  But the issue remains, I don’t get any video on the panel.  When I hit the source button, there is only Home, there is no HDMI 2 option.

Thanks,

Rob

Participant

I went to a different ActivPanel, connected both cables, and the display on my Mac mirrored onto the ActivPanel.  Still couldn’t use Touch though.  When I opened ActivManager, it doesn’t show that my Mac is connected (see attachment).ActivManger window

Eddie PrometheanEddie Promethean

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your reply.

Are you able to test a known working computer with a native HDMI and USB port on this panel? This would help rule out if we are dealing with a computer issue or a panel issue.  Please ensure this computer as the 5.18.19 ActivDriver installed on it.

How long is the USB touch cable you are using?

Does this cabling work with a different computer that is the same model?

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
      Eddie

Participant

The ActivPanel works just fine (video and touch) with a PC laptop, with connections through a docking station.  I do not have another M1 chip based Mac to test it.  The USB touch cable is 3 feet, attached to the Mac.

Craig PrometheanCraig Promethean

Hello Robert,

We will send you a direct email to get a little more information from you.

Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Kind regards,

Craig

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Activdriver for Mac M1 Chip’ is closed to new replies.