Software Solutions
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Hyrum EverittHyrum Everitt
      Participant

We have a teacher machine that activinspire keeps crashing on. The machine is running Yosemite. I have attempted uninstalling Java, Activinspire, and the AcitivDriver before restarting the computer and re-installing everything. I am using the latest version of active inspire. Some files are opening without issues others are crashing nearly every time we attempt to open them.
      Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hello Hyrum,

You’ve probably already looked into this but thought I would throw this out there. We’ve had similar instances happen with our teachers. Many times it was the naming convention of the file. Whether there were random characters or non-alphanumeric items in the name. Just a thought.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Hyrum,

Thanks for posting. Where are you saving your files? If you could try moving them to the desktop and see if you have luck with them from there?

We look forward to your reply.

Kind Regards,
      Paul

Promethean Technical Support

(Support Case: 604735)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks Robert and Paul. The files open on a different computer without any issues. I have re-saved the files from that computer and tried them again on  the original computer and it still has issues with the files in question. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

I would wonder if it was some type of issues with how the Yosemite is working with active inspire but I have not heard of any other issues with other teachers.

Anonymous
      Inactive

The file does have numbers and “#” in it we will try taking them out to see if that helps

Anonymous
      Inactive

I removed the Hashtag from the name. The file was able to open the first time without issues. I quit active inspire and tried opening it again. Each subsequent time it crashed.

Anonymous
      Inactive

After restarting the computer activInspire will open the file in question some of the time. 
      However if any other file has been opened before the file in question or if activInspire has been exited prior to opening the file in question it crashes.

Anonymous
      Inactive

When logging in using the tech user I was able to open the file in question without any problems. where are the user associated files stored? I could try deleting them so that active inspire would act like it is new.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hyrum,

Good thought and I agree, this may be something specific to the user’s profile (Though usually this would replicate consistently across any file, so I’m not positive).

I’ve lifted the paths below from our full reinstall documentation. If you wanted to do a full removal, we can help with that as well and would suggest contacting us directly using the case number (604735).

Note some of these files are hidden, and you’ll need to show hidden files on the Mac to see them.

Users/USERNAME/Documents/Activ Software/ActivInspire/My Resources/My Profiles (N.B. If you have custom made profiles which you wish to use again, copy and paste these files into a different location before deleting them)

Users/USERNAME/Documents/Promethean/ActivInspire (If it exists)

Users/USERNAME/.config/Promethean/ActivInspire

Users/USERNAME/Library/Preferences, specifically com.prometheanworld.ActivSoftware.ActivInspire.1.plist

For anyone else reading this, I’d suggest strongly against attempting this unless you’ve tested and isolated the issue to a specific user.

I’m hoping this helps, though if not please contact us directly and again please reference your case number.

Thank you,
      Daniel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

I attempted to fix this issue by deleting the above files uninstalling activInspire and the Active Driver and restarting the computer before a re-install. It did make active inspire act the same way that is had the first time it was installed. However it still did not work. At this point I think we will back up the computer and re-image it before re-installing activInspire ect. 

Thanks for all of your help

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.