What is ActivInspire?
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Suzanne OrchardSuzanne Orchard
      Participant

Reference 523467

Hi Paul
      I have a new MAC Air. My operating system is Yosemite 10.10.3. My work such as flipcharts is always on the hard drive. I have Promethean 5.10.15. I have latest version of Active Inspire on, which has Class Flow mentioned in top of right hand area of board but it isn’t connected. My board is Active Board 500 and projector I am pretty sure is EST-P1.
      What do you suggest?
      Suzanne

Anonymous
      Inactive

With OS X Yosemite, we do require the use of our Version 5.11 Driver; that driver can be downloaded from Article 10902 on our Knowledgebase. Please ensure that any USB-connected Promethean hardware is disconnected from the computer prior to installing that updated driver.

In regards to your previous post, is the software still quitting unexpectedly when using flipcharts with the software installed at school? If so, does this issue present with any flipcharts used or only with particular ones? Also, if you do not have our latest software (Version 2.4) installed on the computer, you can download a disk image from this page on Promethean Planet which will contain package files to use in installing not only the updated ActivInspire software, but also the updated 5.11 ActivDriver.

(Support Case 00532379)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Jarrad
      I will see how I go and let you know asap. Please don’t close the case until I have checked everything out and downloaded above. I am operating on Yosemite 10.10.3, on computer not thumb drive. The program quits unexpectedly when I am using it to just write on. It may be after about 10 minutes. It asks me would I like to attempt to recover it, in which case when I do I lose it majority of the time. It is a Promethean 5.10.15 Active Board 500, projectorEST-P1. I have the latest version of Active Driver that has Class Flow on it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Suzanne,

We will await your response and good luck!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Re: 00532379

Hi Jarrad
      I used the board today and it quit once. Later the MAC signal(coloured rotating circle came up in top left hand corner and laptop would not let me do anything). It was getting ready to quit again. I shut the MAC down and started it up again and it said would you like to attempt to recover it? So the problem is still there unfortunately!

Thanks Suzanne

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Suzanne,

For ActivInspire to close in the middle of things it is usually because you have run low on resources (memory).
      What are you doing at the time ActivInspire closes? Presenting, creating flipcharts, copying images to flip chart?
      How many other apps are open at the same time?
      Did this MAC come with Yosemite or was it updated from a previous version of OSX? If updated from previous version of OSX the update can cause issues because permissions are not set correctly.

First easy thing to try will be disk check & permissions repair.
      See how much resources are available (resource monitor).

Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you

Miguel
      Promethean Technical Support

Anonymous
      Inactive

Re: 00532379

Hi Miguel
      Thank you for your time. I had Yosemite on my MAC when I got it about two months ago. To verify disc it said:
      Warning: SUID file – System/Library/Core/Services/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent has been modified and will not be repaired. I usually just have the board open and write on it. I have stopped using saved flip charts as I kept losing what I had created, so decided to stop using them until I have this problem sorted. I may have Safari on at the same time but not always. On the activity monitor not connected to whiteboard but with Active Inspire open it is around 93% idle.

Thanks Suzanne

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Suzanne,

Thank you for your reply.
      Did you install the latest version of ActivInspire at all as suggested by Jarrad?
      If possible, please launch ActivInspire and click on ‘ActivInspire’ on the top and select ‘About ActivInspire’. Please could you let us know the version number listed in bold along the top?

If ActivInspire is showing a version prior to 2.4, please could you uninstall ActivInspire from the machine and then re-download and install ActivInspire 2.4?

Should you be using the latest version of ActivInspire and still having this issue, please let us know for further investigation.

Thanks

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Adam
      It is 2.466096 version.

Thanks Suzanne

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi,

Could you please send us one of the flipcharts so that we can have a look?

You can send us a flipchart by accessing http://www.prometheankb.com and clicking on “Contact us”

Please quote reference number: 532379 on your email to us.

Thank you
      Miguel

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Miguel I sent two flipcharts yesterday like you said at the above location but not sure if you got them?

Suzanne

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Suzanne,

I’ve checked our system and it seems we’ve not received an email from you, as such I will send you an email and you just to reply with the requested information.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Miguel

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.