Software Solutions
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      henriksenhenriksen
      Participant

Hi,

I have a staff member that claims that when he uses Active Inspire on his laptop it freezes up when he has other applications open or even just a web browser. He claims he needs more RAM in his computer but other staff members in the district are using the same software, same model laptops, and not reporting any similar issues. Are there any other troubleshooting tips or solutions as to what I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for posting.

This definitely sounds like a computer issue, perhaps not with the ram as ActivInspire doesn’t require too much to run on the computer.

If the staff member is part of a networked domain, please try and log in as a Local admin account and see if the issue happens.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Technical Support

henriksenhenriksen
      Participant

Hi,

Speaking with someone I work with, all staff members are setup as local admins when they sign into their devices. The only other things I have tried or done is disabled the hardware acceleration in the Chrome browser and updated the firmware on the board (which I don’t believe will make any difference) if its the program that freezes up. When he doesn’t use ActivInspire the computer acts just fine. Please let me know (if any) additional information you can provide to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

As a test, on the same computer as the teacher, could you create a new local admin account and run ActivInspire and see if you have any issues with this?

This could indicate something specific on this teachers profile that is causing the software to crash.

Kind regards,
      Adam

Promethean Support

Josh BatesJosh Bates
      Participant

Hi,

Just as a thought if you’re still having issues, do the laptops you’re using have a mechanical hard drive (not solid state)? If the hard drive has bad sectors and ActivInspire happens to be installed on that space, that could do it. I have seen Windows completely freak out while trying to access stuff on a faulty hard drive.

Josh

henriksenhenriksen
        Participant

To answer your question we have mainly migrated over to a solid state drive in most of our computers in our district. I know for fact that the computer that this staff member is using has a M2 SSD in it. It seems like any model laptop that we provide to this staff member it seems to cause freezing up issues especially if it runs on Windows 10.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Software Solutions’ is closed to new topics and replies.