November 7, 2019 at 1:11 pm #18203
Our companies IT Dept have started to upgrade all our IT equipment to windows 10 (1803 build) – Unfortunately we cannot get the Active Panel (AP4-84-4k) touch functionality to work.
Its basically just an 84″ monitor at the moment.
Installed the latest 5.18.12 Driver and it still will not recognise the device via USB (Windows failed to recognise etc. etc.)
Has anyone else faced this problem, or know of a fix?
All links, Videos etc. welcome so we can try to nail this one down.
November 8, 2019 at 6:06 am #18210Craig PrometheanModerator
Let’s get this sorted for you 😊
Can you confirm how you have the ActivPanel connected? Do you use a direct connection from your computer to the ActivPanel?
How long is the USB cable? We recommend no longer than 3m. Can you try a shorter cable?
If you connect a different computer, do you get the same results?
Finally, can you ensure that the ports match, for example, HDMI 2 & USB touch 2.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Promethean Technical Support
November 8, 2019 at 6:51 am #18213
thanks for the quick reply, please see below…
- Can you confirm how you have the ActivPanel connected? Do you use a direct connection from your computer to the ActivPanel? Yes – no hubs or wall ports present just one cable
- How long is the USB cable? We recommend no longer than 3m. Can you try a shorter cable? Cable is 2m proved working using a Win 7 PC
- If you connect a different computer, do you get the same results? – No all works fine on Win 7 – Tried Win 10 Desktop and Win 10 Laptop – No Success
- Finally, can you ensure that the ports match, for example, HDMI 2 & USB touch 2. – Yes ports match exactly
Hope the above helps, to add further note Active Manager Control Panel confirms no hardware loaded – its blank.
November 11, 2019 at 6:56 am #18229
Thanks for your reply.
There is no reason why this should be working on the Windows 7 PC and not the Windows 10 machine.
This could possibly occur if the same image has been installed on both machines.
If you do a fresh installation of Windows 10, not part of the networked image and then connect to the ActivPanel, does this work?
November 11, 2019 at 7:05 am #18232
Apologies – I should have been clearer when I said upgraded, I meant New Desktops and Laptops.
These are not a network upgrade/image. But for the benefit of doubt I shall bring my Own Personal Win10 Laptop to work tomorrow and test it to see if it is indeed the companies version of Win10 that is the issue.
I also tried new USB & HDMI leads after reading some other posts – this had no effect in rectifying the problem either.
November 11, 2019 at 8:05 am #18233
Thanks for the confirmation.
Please let us know if your personal laptop also has any issues when connecting.
If you haven’t done so already, turn the ActivPanel off at the mains, remove your USB cable from your laptop and restart this.
Turn on the ActivPanel from the mains and start up, so that it’s displaying your image, but change to a different USB port on your computer/laptop and connect. This should help to install the HID drivers with Windows again on the computer and should get this to work with touch.
November 11, 2019 at 10:43 am #18237
I tried the above on the current Works Laptop & Desktop – Unfortunatley still not showing up.
I will test my Laptop tomorrow and update this feed.
Thanks for your time.
November 13, 2019 at 11:25 am #18261
I can confirm it is our Company image that wont allow the USB install – worked immediately on my personal Win10 Laptop – even without the need of the Active Manager or driver install.
Now we need to try and find out why our image is stopping this installing as a HID.
November 14, 2019 at 6:08 am #18279
Hi Steve Ryder,
Thank you for your reply and confirming.
This could be a few different things stopping this however I’d be more looking at Device Manager and checking for any errors relating to USB and HID drivers.
Alternatively, check that all chipset drivers are up to date as well as any Windows updates.
I hope this helps point you in the right direction.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Release Notes for ActivInspire v2.19.69200 (released 3 June 2020)
- Release Notes for myPromethean Portal v1.2.1 (released 28 May 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivConnect OPS-G v2.4.2 (released 20 May 2020)
- Release Notes for ActivDriver v5.18.19 (released 20 May 2020)
- Release Notes for myPromethean portal 1.2 (released 13 May 2020)